things in the ticket (1 Viewer)

I don't know why some of you are so irked with kevin courtney, maybe he misquoted you a bit, maybe he mixed up some stuff about the bands(it's very easy to do) but reading the piece the main thing i got from it was that the tour was a good thing and the bands are worth checking out, what more do you want?

"Yeah, the wild and wackey mad fellahs runnin up and down the country playin their mad shite we-hay"

thats what I got from the artical...
rubbish. the guy is an idiot. a Lazy fucking idiot.

Originally posted by Ian
"Yeah, the wild and wackey mad fellahs runnin up and down the country playin their mad shite we-hay"

thats what I got from the artical...
rubbish. the guy is an idiot. a Lazy fucking idiot.

I just read it again, he said there'd be some music that people might find odd or a little too left of field for their tastes, i don't think that's an unfair observation. But overall it's very positive about the bands and the tour as a whole, i don't think there's a hint of criticism about any of the bands mentioned and i can only see the positive side of things.

I don't really have any problems with the article, a bit sloppy but that's common enough ...

... except for, well, the focus on the 'weird' thing. Y'know, Stoat can be pretty weird (obviously we don't sound weird to ourselves but I understand that people have different norms), but ... well, who else on the tour is weird? Maybe Rollers/Sparkers, maybe Deputy Fuzz - that's it as far as I can see. It's no skin off our nose, but kind of a bit unfair on the likes of Omelette, people who don't like weird shit but who would love many of the bands on the tour are likely to be put off

he does make the point that there's more than one band on each bill, meaning while there might be one band you might not like there's gonna be a couple you might like a lot.

I'm not gonna keep banging home the same point, but all publicity is good publicity, and good publicity is very good publicity. I'd put the ticket artice in the good publicity/very good publicity category

wow, way to overuse a word on my part

To be honest I only read the artical the once, just into work and then hurled it into the bin... I read it quickly and in the frame of mind of someone being introduced to these names for the first time, and for someone who reads the Times and hasent a clue of the existance of an underground music scene it's a very bad introduction...
Honestly, if I wasent involved or new nothing about this and saw this "Weirdocoaster" tour was winging it's way around ireland then I wouldent be too pushed on going, from the comments in the artical... it's very missleading

I dont have a problem with "weird", just the use of the word...

I'm going to shut up now...
I cant wait to rock Belfast tomorrow YAY!

Still, Ed, you're probably right

Originally posted by egg_
, but kind of a bit unfair on the likes of Omelette, people who don't play weird shit but who love many of the bands on the tour are likely to be put off

just edited your post a little bit the eggster, hope you dont mind

Originally posted by snakybus
ah sure you can't make an omelette without breaking _eggs

am I on fire or what?

Savage, someone get some petrol

:eek:

No fair. Just 'cos we ride around the stage on the back of a huge silver-painted pig and make noises by bowing the muscle tissue in our ankles... I mean, it's standard stuff.

Well, okay - standard stuff on acid...

Originally posted by egg_
I don't really have any problems with the article, a bit sloppy but that's common enough ...

... except for, well, the focus on the 'weird' thing. Y'know, Stoat can be pretty weird (obviously we don't sound weird to ourselves but I understand that people have different norms), but ... well, who else on the tour is weird? Maybe Rollers/Sparkers, maybe Deputy Fuzz - that's it as far as I can see. It's no skin off our nose, but kind of a bit unfair on the likes of Omelette, people who don't like weird shit but who would love many of the bands on the tour are likely to be put off

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back