therapy? - troublegum - appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

oh shit said:
jim, have you shopped around a bit? baby teeth and pleasure death were both pretty readily available on 12" a few years ago. a friend of mine picked them up on coloured vinyl... mine are just black.
they were also both released together on cassette and cd as 'caucasian psychosis', i think. have a look for that too. .

don't really want vinyl to be honest, yeah I've looked around for a cd version of Caucausian psychosis but to no avail.

oh shit said:
today is ten years exactly since my first gig: therapy? ash and joyrider in the ulster hall.

i think that was the last time I saw Therapy? Way past the sell by date by that time. I recently found a live tape of them playing Dublin on 01/12/90. I've not played it yet though. there used to be tons of live tapes floating around of them. I think they must have been taping a loy of the gigs themselves at that point.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
i think that was the last time I saw Therapy? Way past the sell by date by that time. I recently found a live tape of them playing Dublin on 01/12/90. I've not played it yet though. there used to be tons of live tapes floating around of them. I think they must have been taping a loy of the gigs themselves at that point.

I found a Therapy? rehearsal tape with a few songs from Pleasure Death on it. Sounds totally amazing.
Same tape had all their early demos on it - including the songs that got rewriten for Troublegum. The originals were better.

Would love to hear that live tape.

I've got Meat Abstract, their debut 7" which was awesome at the time.
Very limited apparently...

meatfs.jpg

Babyteeth was deadly, pretty much everything they released after has dated really badly. Back then though...yum.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,....................

I just bought Troublegum out of Tower for a meagre €9.99.

Should I listen to it? And thereby risk losing my childhood innocence, if it isn't the classic that I remember it to be?

Or is it gonna be as good as I remember????

What'll I do folks? What will I do......................

the b sides from the troublegum singles were all pretty cool.
covers of the stranglers,judas priest and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back