therapy? - troublegum - appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

taubstumm

Supporter
Website
kvt.red
yes indeed! mid-90s major-label pop-metal! a surprisingly good album! i got it in the tower sale on cd - my original tape copy is probably in an attic somewhere.

pros:
- still perfectly listenable - mmm, well-crafted hooks
- some great stop-start riffs and stuff
- even the design and artwork is pretty good
- reminds me of 1994-era mtv europe with all those presenters that didn't have very good english
- joy division cover

cons:
- some really dire lyrics
- eh, joy division cover

the whole album has a really strange snare sound, as well, but i like it. and sure didn't hope put them on back in the day blah blah blah

Ah well, I'm getting all nostalgic here.
Toublegum was part of my whole "awakening" to music. I fuckin loved the shit out of that album when I was a gasún.

Its on sale in Tower you say? I'm almost afraid to get it in case I'll be disapointed. Should I get it?

savage album..|..| fyffe used two snares on his drum kit, hence the different sounds.

Will have to check this out again - hated it at the time as it was such a far cry from what had come before it, nausea and teethgrinder to "screw that forget about that" seemed like a sickeningly commercial leap at the time.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Will have to check this out again - hated it at the time as it was such a far cry from what had come before it, nausea and teethgrinder to "screw that forget about that" seemed like a sickeningly commercial leap at the time.

Yers, I felt the same, especially since i'd loved Nurse so much. Heard Troublegum once and never listened to them again; now we've got Halite...

I haven't heard it in years but I do remember how awful the isolation cover was. First two records rule though. And teethgrinder.

oh shit said:
today is ten years exactly since my first gig: therapy? ash and joyrider in the ulster hall.

Joyrider! They, eh, werent very good were they?

I saw Therapy earlier this year. It was horrible. Probaly the worst band I have ever seen. So embarassing. They done this painful "Fuck George Bush" thing which made me wanna die

they never bettered the first 2 ep's, god how i loved that band back then!!!!

They're real hard to get now, don't know why someone doesn't re-release them. My tapes have worn out so i'd certainly buy a cd version if it became available.

jim, have you shopped around a bit? baby teeth and pleasure death were both pretty readily available on 12" a few years ago. a friend of mine picked them up on coloured vinyl... mine are just black.
they were also both released together on cassette and cd as 'caucasian psychosis', i think. have a look for that too.
they sound kinda dated but some of the tracks are still great - skyward, innocent x, dancing with manson (about a teacher at ballyclare high, not charles), punishment kiss... good stuff.

Joyrider! They, eh, werent very good were they?

not really no. but prior to that i'd only been to a meatloaf concert. where i sat on the balcony. so having the people all around me erupt into a violent moshpit as the drums kicked in during their first song - 'said she to me' as it happens - was one of the defining moments of my life.

Jim A. Morrish said:
they never bettered the first 2 ep's, god how i loved that band back then!!!!

They're real hard to get now, don't know why someone doesn't re-release them. My tapes have worn out so i'd certainly buy a cd version if it became available.

Babyteeth and Pleasure Death both came out on CD as far as I remember.

And this appeared around the time of Nurse - the two of them on one CD.

B0000037MM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Amazon new and second hand is deadly for this kind of thing. They dont have Caucasion Psychosis but they do have babyteeth (£7 CD/£5 vinyl) and Pleasure Death (£8 CD - should be able to get vinyl on ebay aswell, got it clean as a whistle off ebay recently for about £5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back