the zoo (1 Viewer)

rampz

lovely way to spend 2/1/06

my personal highlights: the tapirs, red pandas and bats (theyre like little dogs with wings)

brought my lil 8 yr old bro there a couple of weeks ago. it has certainly come on in leaps and bounds since I was 8!

I dunno where i stand on zoos.

On the one hand it's cool to see deadly aminals up close and personal, you can't beat that. As a kid that totally fed my curiosity and made me want to know more about them and apprecciate the hows and whys.

On the other hand they usually look depressed as fuck and really shouldn't be there for our entertainment.

On the first hand again they make an effort to keep up the numbers of endangered species through breeding programmes - with the hope of eventual repatriation - and attempt to promote ecological awareness.

But should the well-being of hundreds of animals be sacrificed in order to provide a safe haven for a few endangered ones.

Quandry-tastic:(

Igor said:
I see my dissident zoo views have no place here, i'll just take my soapbox off somewhere else so... *slinks defiantly away*

ah look, in 3000 years well all be slaves to apes so we may as well make the most of it while we can.

Igor said:
I see my dissident zoo views have no place here, i'll just take my soapbox off somewhere else so... *slinks defiantly away*

the fact that they let people in there wearing fur coats is worrying also.

As a child the worst was seeing the ill penguins and ill elephants living in piles of their own shit in their concret squares. Then going to the zoo chipper and everything smelled like their shit. The playgrounds were pretty sweet though.

i watched Madagascar last night. which is kinda... um. if only, eh?
then we got in this indian, and couldn't finish it.
but zoos eh?

nlgbbbblth said:
I think circuses are worse than zoos

yeh totally , at least theres trained personnel in charge in the zoo, we had a circus near us recently and there was hippos and elephants tied in a field and shithead drunks would pour out of the pubs and throw shit at them... circuses and especially clowns are shite and should fuck off

Igor said:
I dunno where i stand on zoos.

On the one hand it's cool to see deadly aminals up close and personal, you can't beat that. As a kid that totally fed my curiosity and made me want to know more about them and apprecciate the hows and whys.

On the other hand they usually look depressed as fuck and really shouldn't be there for our entertainment.

On the first hand again they make an effort to keep up the numbers of endangered species through breeding programmes - with the hope of eventual repatriation - and attempt to promote ecological awareness.

But should the well-being of hundreds of animals be sacrificed in order to provide a safe haven for a few endangered ones.

Quandry-tastic:(

http://www.fotawildlife.ie/

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I should de-rep you to within an inch of your life for talking like that

Took a family trip to fota when i was a nipper, it's my only experience of the southern states. I still have mental images of all cork people as living on this tiny island paradise with non-indigenous animals, just can't get it out of my head, I should visit the actual cork some day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back