the world is seriously fucked up. (1 Viewer)

reported as 23 last week and as far as I recall, 'adultery' the reason.

even more shocking now the real age is revealed.

makes Islam look like a bullshit religion no matter what way you dress it up.

its a very extreme situation though. i'd be a disapprover of all religions but most muslins wouldnt be into this kind of thing even though they might wear big shite heavy costumes like catholic irish women used to. i'd say (without any supporting evidence) that its as much to do with customs and traditions as it is with islam. same in places like pakistan where you hear of similar stories. if they were christians they'd probably do it in the name of christianity. theyre backward peasants lacking in the sophistications that the likes of us enjoy.

"The BBC had a reporter in the area, but he was shot dead in Kismayo in June. "

christ

it was 3 days before the media got involved, ffs!

To many people this incident will reinforce hatred of Islam and fuel suspicion of its followers

not to jump on this but people should be able to disassociate the actions of a militia clan from the an entire religion. If they can't, well then... that's their problem.

The article on Amnesty suggested that people in the crowd tried to stop the stoning and that the leader of the Clan has promised to punish the perpetrators - not that I believe that one bit.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/for-media/press-releases/somalia-girl-stoned-was-child-13-20081031

its as much to do with customs and traditions as it is with islam.
She was raped by three men, reported her rape to the controlling Islamist al-Shabab militia and was accused of adultery in violation of Sharia law. The men walked free. What custom is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back