The Wipers appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

yet another record I bought recently and have only listened to the once, must go and dig it out

'Youth of America' is pretty good. Their first album 'Is this Real?' is excellent. There's a song on the 'Alien Boy' e.p called 'Telepathic love' which is a right sweetheart. Greg Sage didn't do much after 'Over the Edge' - a lot of the Wipers' thunder seems to have been shadowed by Husker Du ( Although the Huskers are great) who seemed to be mining a similar disenfrancished vein of punk.
Apparently it's 18euros for an average Wipers 7". Yikes!

18euros is bugger all. what 7" are you talking about and have you seen it for sale somewhere?

That 3 cd set they put out a while back is killer. Everything you need is on there. I bought some of the later stuff and it's rubbish.

I was talking to some guy from Oregon who was djing in Bohs a while back and he just happened to mention that it was 18 euros for one. He was aghast about it also. So I don't know where you'd get one - I haven't seen any anywhere. Sage sells alot of the stuff himself, though doesn't he?

That boxset is good value too - a nice price of 30 euros with additional live stuff. Oh yeah.
I've only seen winces at any mention of the later stuff.

only saw this thread now. haven't heard any of the post over the edge stuff but everything before that is totally amazing. saw mike lastra's north western passage at subcurrent on saturday and nearly exploded when the live wipers footage came on.

Nate Champion said:
That boxset is good value too - a nice price of 30 euros with additional live stuff. .

30 euro!?

I was inquiring a few weeks back about getting some boxsets for the distro.Can`t afford it now, until some people buy the frigging stuff i have at the moment!!!But....i think you can get the boxset for around 18/20 euro surely.

Top frigging band.1st 3 albums are classic, have`nt heard the later stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back