The White Lady Of Cabra (2 Viewers)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
What are those nekkid white women statues you see in peoples' windows in Cabra/Crumlin and the like? Down Faussaugh Ave. there's loads of them. Some houses have one in every window.

last time this came around I thought it'd be cool if everyone had a white lady avatar, the way every house in Cabra,Finglas etc has (or had at the time..)

so what's the story widdim? is it always the same statue?

Theres a fair few of them on my street.Can't all be brothels.
I think they're something to do with Ballinspittle.

It is a white statue of a woman positioned somewhat provocatively, sitting sideways, looking to the right. She is kneeling on one leg, with her other leg, crossed in front. She has long hair and a sheet draped over her body. Not only is the statue found in many different houses but significantly, it is found in every window of the house.

She is the mythical Molly Malone, Dublin’s archetypal fishmonger, sung about in “Cockles and Mussels,” the statue of fair Molly with her abundant bronze breasts and her ancient cart. Dubliners call the statue “the tart with the cart.”

Poor Molly Malone, involuntary sex symbol, is part of a cheerful public statuary that has been subjected to traditional Dublin irreverence.

- some cunt

If I thought it was that easy to get into prostitution I would.

getting into prostitutes is easy.

Take it to the Meeting people thread Loverman.

mic-shabba.jpg

They're about 40euro a statue, sometimes a recession can be a very good thing. (you can pick them up in the liberties market if anyone wants them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back