the wax museum and other places (1 Viewer)

Rachel666

whats the story with the wax museum? I'd like to bring my little sis there on wednesday but I don't know whether it exists anymore or where exactly it is. (none of these dublin maps will load for me)

Is there anywhere else I can bring her? she's 12. I was thinking the zoo (ugh), botanic gardens (???) or the bram stoker experience (???).

any info would be really appreciated!

Funny. I was just reading about the Wax Museum today. It's gone, and I think they've started (or possibly finished) demolishing the building.

Would you consider taking her on one of the Viking Splash tours? They seem really cheesy, but apparently, they're pretty good, and kids love 'em. Everyone I know who's gone on one has had a deadly time.

However you feel about zoos, Dublin Zoo isn't too bad as far as animal jails go, and it's good fun. You could do the Splash tour in the morning, then spend the afternoon between the Botanic Gardens (which are free, and will be really nice this time of year, and are quite good) and the Zoo.

It's too bad that the Liffey Voyage boat isn't running yet (or maybe it's started up again?). It's a boat that leaves from Bachelor's Walk and takes you down the river. I keep meaning to go on it, if only for the chance to see the city from a different perspective.

yeah i agree with jane..the viking splash is great fun for the kiddies..and follow it up with dublinia..its fun and educational..or funucational as i like to call it.

Maybe the Natural History Museum on Merrion Square? Depends on whether she's intigued by\freaked out by ancient stuffed animals in glass boxes...

Oh yeah! You could take her to the Natural History Museum and go, "Sorry, sis, the zoo died." And then you take her to the zoo all, "Ha ha! April fool! Monkey island, ahoy!"

Dublinia is pretty cool, but it's not fantastic at holding the attention of someone who isn't already interested in the stuff. That said, there's plenty to look at even if you don't feel like getting into too much depth.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jane again.

nick nacks and ding dongs..jane you crack me up.thanks for the best laugh ive had all day

It's true! My mom and I were in there a couple of years ago, and we were bursting our holes laughing at the different ways the taxidermists 'dealt with' knicknacks and ding dongs. Mostly the ding dongs shrivel up, but the knicknacks are still there.

Only thing missing is that it needs fake poop. Seriously. It'd be so much better. You could make it zoologically correct, and have a special guerrilla exhibition of "Pooping habits of all sorts of beasties."

The tag line for the exhibition would be, "You should see all this stuff!"

WHERE DO I COLLECT MY CHEQUE?

In any case, the Natural History Museum is amazing and I hope they never change it. It's now a museum of a museum, and it's brilliant.

Agree about the viking splash, it's great.

I heard you liked a bit of viking splash alright. Doubt it's legal for kids though.

I was on that a few years ago with some rude spoilt little rich kid in the back slagging off the childer and calling them really bad names while his lard arse mother did nothing - until I told him he'd be fucked overboard with my boot up his hole - and only then she chastised him.

Funny. I was just reading about the Wax Museum today. It's gone, and I think they've started (or possibly finished) demolishing the building.
Well demolished, they're actually rebuilding it awhile now, I would hazard a guess at apartments. :rolleyes:

The Wax Museum was amazing. A melty waxwork of Micheal McLiamoir followed by The Power Rangers, then the scary haunted part, and the tunnels, then a Star Wars exhibit. And remember that Simpsons exhibit that blasted out "Do The Bartman" constantly for about ten years. I shed a tear when I saw they'd knocked that building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back