Zachary.jpg

Uhura:
zsaldana02062.jpg

and the latest rumour for James Tiberius Kirk:
3005859418.jpg

also, excellent confirmed badguy action in the form of:
257760~Eric-Bana-Posters.jpg

Just saw it & I quite liked it.
Lots of silly in-jokes (red shirts, Kirk cheating in the Kobayashi Maru, Kirk's penchant for green bitches, etc) but they've wisely managed to make this movie so it doesn't have to stick to the timeline of the Original Series.

This, of course, means that these new actors can now go on & play these characters for as along as the last cast did.

$$$$$$$$$$$

Really lookin' forward to it! I'm bringing my dad as my mam refuses to go see it with him.

Just saw it & I quite liked it.
Lots of silly in-jokes (red shirts, Kirk cheating in the Kobayashi Maru, Kirk's penchant for green bitches, etc) but they've wisely managed to make this movie so it doesn't have to stick to the timeline of the Original Series.

This, of course, means that these new actors can now go on & play these characters for as along as the last cast did.

Yeah, they did a pretty good job alright.
Those were pretty much the observations we made afterwards - that the movie had a lot of housekeeping, so to speak.
The timeline thing was a clever move if they want to make any more, and you'd have to think they will.

Is it only me or was Chris Pine channelling his inner Leo DiCaprio for Kirk?

i wanna know why starfleet would give command of a starship to a bunch of dawson's creek 20 something year olds.

I tried to get my friend the preview screenings offered on pigsback at 2pm today. by 2:00:30 they were gone, totally. thats a huge wave of nerd-dom right there...

As a casual punter who quite liked "the next generation" when it was on TV, and saw this movie today...

I thought I might quite like this reboot, but it did nothing for me. The only thing that kept me from posting this on the "movies I've walked out of" thread was that I wanted to see what Simon Pegg was going to do. When he eventually arrived he only had about 6 lines. Oh well. Also I'll look forward to Matt Damon and Ben Affleck spoofing the two lead roles in this on a Digital SNL short at some stage.

As a casual punter who quite liked "the next generation" when it was on TV, and saw this movie today...

I thought I might quite like this reboot, but it did nothing for me. The only thing that kept me from posting this on the "movies I've walked out of" thread was that I wanted to see what Simon Pegg was going to do. When he eventually arrived he only had about 6 lines. Oh well. Also I'll look forward to Matt Damon and Ben Affleck spoofing the two lead roles in this on a Digital SNL short at some stage.

Pegg was the worst thing in a very capable movie, I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back