The 'That was very sound' thread (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Sebastian Vettel wearing a pride t-shirt and facemask at the Hungarian Grand Prix over the weekend.

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 08.37.00.png

Wasn't just him either. Carlos Sainz, Lance Stroll and Valteri Bottas (who is the other half of Australian Cyclist, Tiffany Cromwell), also took a stance.

Fair fucking play

F1 drivers though.

Living in the most exclusive circles on earth, advertising either oil or cars during a climate breakdown every weekend.

great they got rainbow t-shirts i suppose, F1 must be totally sound.

I was highlighting the pinkwashing side of it, i mean the t-shirts were literally printed and distrubuted by F1 to show people that they were sustainable and ethical. The stance came from F1:

'We Race As One' is a platform launched by Formula One last year that counts diversity, inclusivity and sustainability as its core principles.

Drivers are free to wear apparel with a message that is supportive of the initiative's principles

Also sorry scutter for wading in and trashing your thread. I'm sorta working background with this kinda thing these days and very tuned to it.

I'm not totally ruling out sebastial vettel being possibly sound.

are we ok with footballers taking the knee? given they are doing so from a very privileged position, are advertising gambling companies, jetting all around the world playing their football, etc ?

are we ok with footballers taking the knee? given they are doing so from a very privileged position, are advertising gambling companies, jetting all around the world playing their football, etc ?
I think yeah given that a lot of these guys are young black guys who grew up in one of the most racist countries imaginable

I think yeah given that a lot of these guys are young black guys who grew up in one of the most racist countries imaginable
my question was somewhat rhetorical. Of course its ok. And it doesn't need to be justified with 'yeah, because.....'

I hope we never get to a point where we have to have suffered something to be permitted to be actively against it.

I met a sound woman yesterday out walking her dogs. She lives on a boat, which I'd noticed knocking around the place looking lived on.

It's mad the way some people just smile at you and walk up to you and start talking, and I think very sound.

I'd be a bit leery of that kind of thing. I'd basically never just stroll up to a woman and strike up conversations. Actually no, if there's lads building a stone wall, or doing some trade and they're killing it, I'll tell them their work looks lovely.

But I don't think I'd smile and chat to strangers, especially not females because it would a bit much. But I'm quite happy when people do that to me. Around here a fair number of people just start chats with me, I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back