The Redneck Manifesto Album Launch (1 Viewer)

jane said:
I've never done this, but often, when I see someone with a map of Africa (thanks for that, Mr Cyclo) on their trouser, I will stop them and say, very gently, 'Excuse me, but European.'
I first heard that "map of africa" phrase from the mouth of the omni-articulate Edwyn Collins of Orange Juice.

He was seated beside Cindi Crawford on a trans-atlantic flight introduced himself just as he returned from the jaxx...

cyclotron said:
I first heard that "map of africa" phrase from the mouth of the omni-articulate Edwyn Collins of Orange Juice.

He was seated beside Cindi Crawford on a trans-atlantic flight introduced himself just as he returned from the jaxx...
Wherever it came from, not only is it brilliant, but I also plan to try to work it into some sort of academic discussion about the uses of cartographic images. Just because everyone likes to talk/read/hear/learn about pee.

Speaking of peed pants, I'm glad to see the Rednecks are playing UCD. This leaves me with the terrible dilemma I face every time there's something good happening on campus: how do I reconcile it with my need to spend as little time there as is humanly possible?

biogs are really hard to write and they're not really intended for the local scene or friends. leave them alone.

Latex lizzie said:
or else is it? :D why bother with biogs at all or self congratulatory ones at any rate. they irk me.
well my take on it is that other people have invested money in releasing their records. trm, as friends, are making every effort to get the money back for them. red f is putting our 2 cds out and simply because someone else apart from us had had enough faith in what we do to put their own money into it, i'm going to bend over backwards to make sure we get that money back for them. this kind of biog will work well for people who have never heard of them before. the guys obviously want more people than what go to gigs in ireland to hear what they've done, and why wouldn't they? they're bleedin' rappa.

Latex lizzie said:
they are rappa. Haven't seen em in ages got both the records like.
the new record is fucking amazing!!! like it's totally "the best record ever to come out of dublin", but for real this time :)

ain't heard the jape one yet, looking forward to it. the artwork is really cool, richie had to hold maggots in his hands for the monkies! i had no idea monkies ate maggots. monkies = bananas, right? just like cats eat butterflys and mice eat cheese and dogs eat snails... rrrrrrrrright?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back