The price of local, small gigs. (1 Viewer)

ah i see whats happened here. See tulullah hula have 7 lines of media endorsements in the post advertising the gig. i quoted the wrong post.

my question is does main stream media attention equate to more interest from the average mainstream media reading public and on the basis of that "buzz" can you expect a larger crowd and lower the door charge? or does anyone actually believe in "media buzz" anymore?

can see how i might have lost you there.

Hmmm if I'm going to a local gig its usually cause its a friend band. I don't want to spend to much cause I feel its charity anyway

If I hear a band on the radio etc and there kind of cool but are just stating out and would pay up 16ish euros for it.

After that its up to the band to dazzle me and for there to be a buzz about them. I'd actually love to discover a cool new band and go to their gigs watching the crowds grow and all that. Anyway unless its a 'happening' scene I'm going to resent following people around the B venues of Dublin.

So as usual you Local Scene plebes have it arse ways - try thinking of ways to make the act better , maybe have like dancers on then a magician then your band.

Variety people

Swish!

For a regular local band gig, I'd be happy to pay €6-€10 quid. But I do think its nice to get change from a tenner. Psychological :)

€10 to €14 for an album launch.

Considering Morrissey is charging €68 quid for his forthcoming Dublin shows :eek:

i'd pay €10 for a saturday gig with a couple of bands and maybe a dj or two starting after 11pm

yep

Hmmm if I'm going to a local gig its usually cause its a friend band. I don't want to spend to much cause I feel its charity anyway

If I hear a band on the radio etc and there kind of cool but are just stating out and would pay up 16ish euros for it.

After that its up to the band to dazzle me and for there to be a buzz about them. I'd actually love to discover a cool new band and go to their gigs watching the crowds grow and all that. Anyway unless its a 'happening' scene I'm going to resent following people around the B venues of Dublin.

So as usual you Local Scene plebes have it arse ways - try thinking of ways to make the act better , maybe have like dancers on then a magician then your band.

Variety people

Swish!

so you'll spend €16 on a some radio friendly heap but resent the locals?

I reckon €10 min should be the price for small gigs with a half price concession for doleys.Its a lot of work and costs need to be covered.A tenner for a few bands is nothing.Even if they're rubbish it still beats watching telly.

Here I'm not trying to be funny yiz shams. Ringing up a pub and getting a gig is nothing compared to work a band should be doing to create something artistically worth while. Seriously anyone's ma who every organized their 21st can do it .

Yer just a pack of cry babies .

Here I'm not trying to be funny yiz shams. Ringing up a pub and getting a gig is nothing compared to work a band should be doing to create something artistically worth while. Seriously anyone's ma who every organized their 21st can do it .

Yer just a pack of cry babies .

I like here anyones ma spend her life becoming a fucking music ninja first before shes organises any gigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back