The next time you go fishing in the Liffey..... (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
Fisherman hooks £275k drug haul

An Irish fishermen accidentally caught a £275,000 drugs haul when he hooked a bale of cannabis hidden in a river.

The fly-fisher spent much of the afternoon trying to drag his line from the River Liffey in County Wicklow.

But when he finally landed his catch he discovered it was a bale of cannabis resin.

He contacted local police who conducted a search of the area.

"Follow-up searches uncovered 12 more boxes containing 20 bars each of what again appeared to be cannabis," a police spokesman said.

The find has been sent to the Garda Technical Bureau for analysis.

A team of experts is investigating the discovery and continuing to search the popular fishing spot for more drugs.

www.ananova.com

La La said:
But when he finally landed his catch he discovered it was a bale of cannabis resin.

"Follow-up searches uncovered 12 more boxes containing 20 bars each of what again appeared to be cannabis," a police spokesman said.

John Q. Random-Fisherdude is able to immediately identify cannabis resin, but the Guards aren't?

Do ya reckon they can't count either and the 12 they fished out is closer to 30 each containing 20 bars!!! Ah, the not so thin blue line of the law!!!

Hang on, I need to take my shoes off, big numbers require fingers and toes for the counting!!! Will you tie my laces when I'm done???

1950 I reckon, but then I suppose it depends on the cut and that 1950 in their terms and street value would meant they made a haul of 2 million in hard drugs!!!! Anybody see the post about Ror from Puget Sound on Overheard in Dublin???

La La said:
Fisherman hooks £275k drug haul

An Irish fishermen accidentally caught a £275,000 drugs haul when he hooked a bale of cannabis hidden in a river.

The fly-fisher spent much of the afternoon trying to drag his line from the River Liffey in County Wicklow.

The find has been sent to the Garda Technical Bureau for analysis.

A team of experts is investigating the discovery and continuing to search the popular fishing spot for more drugs.

www.ananova.com

The pollution these days... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back