The new Drug/Drink Driving Test laws (1 Viewer)

Bunny

I was listening to this on the radio and it wasn't clear if, for instance a driver who had been at a party the night before and may have licked a frog or inhaled a frog. If he is tested and the police find drugs in his system, but he is stone cold sober while driving, does he get arrested, lose his licence and get a €5000 fine?
Because some drugs like weed stay in the body's system for 6 weeks! Ecstasy is 2 or 3 days, not sure about cocaine, Alchohol can be gone in 12 hours. Do they have a certain level that acknowledges that this person is currently high as a kite? Or what is the measure? There's very little clarity here. Does anyone know much about this?

Minister for Transport Paschal Donohoe has said the proposed new law mirrors one introduced in England and Wales in March of this year and that great care has gone into its preparation.

In England and Wales the banned drugs include LSD as well as heroin, cocaine and cannabis. The proposed Irish legislation, and the swabbing devices that are to be used, can be changed to accommodate the citing of new illegal drugs.

People can still get LSD?

Talk about a class a drug

Because some drugs like weed stay in the body's system for 6 weeks! Ecstasy is 2 or 3 days, not sure about cocaine, Alchohol can be gone in 12 hours. Do they have a certain level that acknowledges that this person is currently high as a kite? Or what is the measure? There's very little clarity here. Does anyone know much about this?

I was wondering too about cannabis but found this...

Most drugs do not linger in saliva and disappear anywhere from twelve to twenty four hours. Because of this saliva testing is being considered for drug detection in situations where recent drug use must be detected including vehicle and equipment drivers, those involved in workplace or other accidents and not as a use to detect past drug use.

Saliva Testing - Drug Testing Network

So, if you haven't smoked in the previous 12 hours or thereabouts you'll be fine.

People can still get LSD?

Talk about a class a drug

Driving on LSD could be just about the maddest thing to try.
Haven't seen it in some years though, although I haven't been actively looking so who knows.

can they test for shrooms?

"yes, officer. i had some for lunch" said the driver with the spiral eyes.

and how long before someone brings out e.g. a mouthwash that'll give you a 5-minute window to pass a saliva test?

this applies to prescription meds too I think.

I was on some powerful shit there for the last week for me shingles. Took my last pair of pills last night so I'm still a bit dopey this morning. Still drove into work this morning at 6am. Felt grand but chances are I'd fail these tests.

In my last job my office overlooked an alleyway out the back of Lower Mount St (near Scruffy Murphys pub). I'd often see cars pull in there and lads would shoot up or chase the ol' dragon. Then drive off after a bit. Can't imagine they'd have been in much of a state for driving with that muck in their systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back