the moving countries thread (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i want to tear my hair out, stab my face with a fork and cry.

it's a fucking nightmare. im having to leave behind heaps of books and dvds and other things i love but know i cant bring back because the cost of shipping what I already am is monumental and my bags wont fit anymore.

:mad:!

i know some of you guys are living abroad - it's a fucking nightmare packing up everything isnt it?

This any use to you? http://www.shippingpersonaleffects.com/prices.html

Seems reasonable enough, e.g. 3 large boxes to New Zealand for about €300. That's from Dublin to there though, but I presume they would do New Zealand to Dublin etc.

thanks dude. only thing is - im leaving tomorrow! aaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhh!!!

im such a dick, i always leave everything to the last minute. ah well, it'll get done. oasis and ryanair are gonna clean up on me though when i check in :(

Good luck with the flights La La, moving from england to ireland was hard enough so god knows what you'll be going through

Good luck with the flights La La, moving from england to ireland was hard enough so god knows what you'll be going through

fanks john. i just cant wait for it all to be over at this stage. i came back to HK with a backpack three years ago and now i see how much i have accumulated. it's a little overwhelming.

thank god for pennys :p

How would the Hong Kong authorities view a Moore St. style stall in the departures lounge?

'Get yizzer's boooooks, dvd's an' clowesss!!'

I started making up lists of all my books, CDs and DVDs last night for selling. I've accumulated an insane amount of shite over the last three years.

When I moved to the UK 2 years ago I removed all my cd's from their cases and put them (and the inlay cards) into folders. I sold, gave away or donated all but the most sentimental and valuable of my books - that nearly killed me - and gave most of my DVD collection to my youngest brother (thankfully I was able to get it back off him when I moved back here).

The cd's are still in the folders, which outrages at least one Thumped poster :)

I'm looking out the window and wondering why you're coming back myself

when im standing in the rain at a bus stop waiting for a bus that will never come, im pretty sure ill be thinking the same thing!

I started making up lists of all my books, CDs and DVDs last night for selling. I've accumulated an insane amount of shite over the last three years.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

When I moved to the UK 2 years ago I removed all my cd's from their cases and put them (and the inlay cards) into folders. I sold, gave away or donated all but the most sentimental and valuable of my books - that nearly killed me - and gave most of my DVD collection to my youngest brother (thankfully I was able to get it back off him when I moved back here).

The cd's are still in the folders, which outrages at least one Thumped poster :)

im taking all the cd's, burning them to iTunes and leaving them behind. music is invisible anyway :p

yeah i meant to do this. i have a lot of records i don't want or need. and a marshall head and at least one drum kit
but i'm goin to the states tomorrow and when i get back i have about 10 days left here. bargains galore

I put most of my music on my computer but the rest I left in Boston in a box with a friend. Books (due to my profession) I don't bother buying them. I just have a few that for one reason or another I decided to buy/bring. I don't buy dvds either. Strange. Perhaps this is because I have moved so much? Streamlining belongings is just habit now I suppose.

Could you not box up a few things and then ship them (using that link someone posted) later? You can pay for it and then just have your friend drop them to where they need to be?

I put most of my music on my computer but the rest I left in Boston in a box with a friend. Books (due to my profession) I don't bother buying them. I just have a few that for one reason or another I decided to buy/bring. I don't buy dvds either. Strange. Perhaps this is because I have moved so much? Streamlining belonging is just habit now I suppose.

Could you not box up a few things and then ship them (using that link someone posted) later? You can pay for it and then just have your friend drop them to where they need to be?

i do have a box, im looking at it now. it's 30 kilos - jesus. im bringing it to the post office tomorrow morning hopefully - it would be so unfair to leave it with my flatmate as it my responsibility. im prob gonna send it sea mail which means i wont see its contents for about 8 weeks - but considering it's a fraction of the cost of sending it by air i think it's wiser. hope it turns up at the other end!
im only bringing my snowboard and then one normal suitcase on the plane and luckily the snowboard bag can accoomodate more than just the board, so i've stuffed a few books and other random crap in with it.

oh lord - tomorrow is going to be a test for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back