the lurkers / paranoid visions / setting off sirens / razortown : fibbers 18th June (1 Viewer)

77 punk rock legends, and all round good guys, the lurkers step in at short notice for the leatherface gig.

the lurkers
paranoid visions
setting off sirens
razortown

fibber magees,June 18th, 8pm til Late, €10

Re: the lurkers / paranoid visions / setting off sirens / razortown : fibbers 18th Ju

77 punk rock legends, and all round good guys, the lurkers step in at short notice for the leatherface gig.

good ya got someone but...

for fucksake.im disapointed to say the least.think a certain "P" in belfast needs to be slapped!
he should be blacklisted as he has fucked up to many gigs/fucked over to many bands.
fuck him!!!!!!

Re: the lurkers / paranoid visions / setting off sirens / razortown : fibbers 18th Ju

thats the truest thing I've read by you byrneos!

its a fuckin disgrace

ironically the last time the lurkers came here its was also fucked up by the same promotor, hence my specific reason to make it up to them with what I hope will be a great dublin show, with minimum travelling or grief attached....

the last time the lurkers were told the belfast show was cancelled, the day before the gig...but they were told they would get paid for it anyway

then that got adjusted to them getting taken out to dinner in belfast and put up for the night and driven to dublin instead

then that got downgraded to being driven straight to dublin where I had sorted a place for them to stay at his expense

then that got downgraded to "heres' £200, and theres the aircoach to dublin from belfast airport"

poor fuckers flew to belfast, got a coach to dublin airport, got the aircoach to sandyford where they were booked into bewleys hotel (hardly rock n roll heaven) because it was handy for the belfast driver to drop them to originally...they arrived at 11.30 pm, un fed, un boozed and unhappy

and then the gig in dublin was in the fuckin academy where everyone got abused by staff all night!!!

and yet...a nicer, more accomodating and genuine punk rock band you couldnt wish to meet...they jumped at the chance to come over at such short notice on a promise of a non bullshit venue, a good few pints, leatherfaces fee (but split between a 3 pice band!), a room in the hotel upstairs and a loan of our gear

I sincerely hope everyone comes out to have a great time with one of the few genuine punk rock legends still around....and yes jasper...we will nail down 999 next!

yes indeed its a pity that this had to happen but delighted that the lurkers are playing and are legends for filling in at such short notice, its people being dishonest/lazy and not realising the importance of a well organised and well understood timetable for a tour that makes punk rock look like a fucking joke :(

As long as the still play 'I'm on heat' I'll be happy. One of the first punk songs I fell in love with :)

thats the truest thing I've read by you byrneos!

its a fuckin disgrace

ironically the last time the lurkers came here its was also fucked up by the same promotor, hence my specific reason to make it up to them with what I hope will be a great dublin show, with minimum travelling or grief attached....

the last time the lurkers were told the belfast show was cancelled, the day before the gig...but they were told they would get paid for it anyway

then that got adjusted to them getting taken out to dinner in belfast and put up for the night and driven to dublin instead

then that got downgraded to being driven straight to dublin where I had sorted a place for them to stay at his expense

then that got downgraded to "heres' £200, and theres the aircoach to dublin from belfast airport"

poor fuckers flew to belfast, got a coach to dublin airport, got the aircoach to sandyford where they were booked into bewleys hotel (hardly rock n roll heaven) because it was handy for the belfast driver to drop them to originally...they arrived at 11.30 pm, un fed, un boozed and unhappy

and then the gig in dublin was in the fuckin academy where everyone got abused by staff all night!!!

and yet...a nicer, more accomodating and genuine punk rock band you couldnt wish to meet...they jumped at the chance to come over at such short notice on a promise of a non bullshit venue, a good few pints, leatherfaces fee (but split between a 3 pice band!), a room in the hotel upstairs and a loan of our gear

I sincerely hope everyone comes out to have a great time with one of the few genuine punk rock legends still around....and yes jasper...we will nail down 999 next!

How much did The Snipes from Glasgow get paid after playing in Dublin?

I dont know, dave from outlaw was running the gig and dealing with that sort of stuff, we were just pushing it because we wanted to make sure there was a good crowd

I know for certain that we got paid zero, but that was because we volunteered to do so since he had lost so much money on angelic upstarts and I hate seeing that!

the snipes were brilliant and we must get them over on their own...anyone got contact details

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back