The Good Bits, Dublin 1 (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Has anyone heard about this or been there? Got this from a friend... wondering what it's like inside. All bankers and a bit crap or a decent place?

The Exchange:
A brand new concept in after work drinks, very simple and works similar to the global stock exchange. The more a product is invested in, the higher the price will rise, causing other brands to drop. For example if everyone buys Heineken for 10 mins then the cost of Carlsberg will decrease. If the bar goes very slow the market will crash dropping all drinks to 2.50 euro. Items are displayed on our screens and prices are in real time with out our till systems. Beat that for value and its great fun to play for large groups of people. Trading floor is opens every Thursday and Friday after that from 5pm to late. The concept is exclusive and only available at The Good Bits bar, Dublin 1 (across the road from Busaras)

I think it's an interesting idea. A glass of wine was 2.80 the other night according to my sources. Must have been a lack of women there. What's the opposite of Smithwicks?

That's why I was asking if anyone has been.... I have no idea what the old Issac Butt is.... but that's where it's located apparently. I'm guessing it's filled with IFSC bankers.

Bus arse is a big building with loads of stuff opposite it. Is this novelty pub in the Custom House?. Won't be getting my custom, if they don't know the address there is something fishy going on.

It's opposite the main pedestrian/bus entrance to busarus which I think is Store St. It's quite an indie kinda bar and I wouldn't imagine there'd too many IFSC folk there.

Been called quite a few different names over the last few years.

It's a grand drink when you can't stomach the weight of guiness and or any fizz. Wish they had decent cheap ales in this country.

It's last incarnation was Radio City I think. If you get to bus aras you can't miss it, there is a huger maser (or masereque) piece saying something along the lines of 'Damo Dempsy gives me hope'. That's enough to put me off ever going in. Not that I hold any huge grudge against Damo, I just think it's an incredibly wanky thing to have on the front of your bar.

It's last incarnation was Radio City I think. If you get to bus aras you can't miss it, there is a huger maser (or masereque) piece saying something along the lines of 'Damo Dempsy gives me hope'. That's enough to put me off ever going in. Not that I hold any huge grudge against Damo, I just think it's an incredibly wanky thing to have on the front of your bar.

R.I.P. Isaac Butts : (

Jill, I'll go with you to this to remind me of being 19 and in college again. This was our friday night crappy club of choice back in the day

Yeah, I think it's fairly obvious that your 'financial stock drink' idea is completely absurd and you made the whole thing up.

They have these potato croquettes there with serrano ham or something in them. They're very very tasty. The food there is pretty good in general actually. Also the seats are comfy and the music has been relatively decent any time I've been there.

Haven't tried their booze stock market, but I like the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back