The Five Find-Outers (1 Viewer)

Also - foreigners were painted as "dodgy" - and were frequently the villains.

The Mystery of the Vanished Prince is the ninth novel in the "Five Find-Outers" series written by Enid Blyton.
Larry, Daisy, Fatty, Pip and Bets are having fun with new disguises that Fatty brought back from Morocco. While all the Find-Outers, except for Fatty are dressed up. Ern, and his two brothers, Sid and Perce come to visit the Find-Outers. He is shocked when he sees four foreign-looking people with Fatty.

The Spiteful Letters is amazing. The way they figured out that the cuttings in the nasty letters were from the Rangoon Times (???) was an inspiration to sleuths and stalkers alike.

whenever i think about rangoon i think about that book. i also enjoyed the time they went to their favorite dairy and fatty tried out his latest trick - VENTRILOQUISM!

Wasn't it the Five Find-outers and dog?

PC Goon: "That toad of a boy!"

I remember looking down my nose on Enid Blyton as a kid. There was something very British/stiff upper lip about her. But still, she must've had something. Richmal Crompton was a much better writer though, I think.

don't do it snakybus, Richmal Crompton is well worthy of his own thread

I never read the Just William books. In fact, I probably wasn't aware of them at all early doors.
I'll say that again on the Richmal Crompton thread.

I remember looking down my nose on Enid Blyton as a kid. There was something very British/stiff upper lip about her.

I was fascinated by their society, the adults and their bridge games, the foreign holidays, the craven working class

It made me want to be a spolit rich English proddie kid

In the 20s

that solved mysteries

I used to like Astrid Lindgren too, all the Emil books were great. His dad had a woeful temper! Also the Brothers Lionheart (they made a TV version of this). And who was that little man who lived on the roof? Wasn't into Pippi Longstocking though.

I used to like Astrid Lindgren too, all the Emil books were great. His dad had a woeful temper! Also the Brothers Lionheart (they made a TV version of this). And who was that little man who lived on the roof? Wasn't into Pippi Longstocking though.

have you read Ronia the Robbers Daughter? It's amazing.

I haven't, must check it out! One of the great things about having kids (eldest daughter is big into books) is going back to all these books again and reading them together.

Oh and it was Karlsson-on-the-Roof.

I pretty much have everything in this thread as part of my 'preliminary reading list' for college this year

cripes!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but if the Famous Five were so famous, why didn't the miscreants just engage in their miscreance when they at school?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back