The Fairphone (1 Viewer)

I bought this yesterday, my current phone is unlikely to last another 6 months.

Saving the world man, saving it via consumerism.

If I actually understood what this meant i'd probably be impressed

Long-term software support for Fairphone 1 | Fairphone

We can happily say that we have recently obtained a software license from all our major partners and license holders that allows us to modify the Fairphone 1 software and release new versions to our users. Getting that license also required us to obtain rights to use and distribute Mentor Graphics’s RTOS used on the phone.

Vodafone tried to offer me a new phone today FOR FREE (clearly there was a contract to be signed but the guy was really trying to avoid saying it)

If you're eligible for a free or paid upgrade, it usually means you've paid off the subsidy on your existing phone so every month you hang on to your existing phone, you're probably giving vodafone about 20 euro a month for nothing.

If you're eligible for a free or paid upgrade, it usually means you've paid off the subsidy on your existing phone so every month you hang on to your existing phone, you're probably giving vodafone about 20 euro a month for nothing.
That I am. Keep meaning to change to someone else but I am VERY LAZY.

Picked this fella up about 2 hours ago. Currently getting everything set up. Very first impression: it's big. But then i've never had anything bigger sized than an iphone4

haha, lovely

Congo cobalt mined by children may be in your mobile phone: Amnesty | Top News | Reuters

I'm not sure of the technical ins and outs of how they sourced their cobalt for this phone so i'm unlikely to be off the hook but they were certainly talking about it before.

One of the things that keeps popping up as they try and get fair minerals is how, once they raise the issue with a few companies, how willing everyone seems to try it, this would normally be the kind of thing everyone goes "can't change anything so don't bother trying" about. Recent example on tungsten

Supporting conflict-free tungsten in Rwanda | Fairphone

However, the manufacturers of the counterweights and vibration motor – Tianjia and KOTL, respectively – are enthusiastic to be part of this project and conversations are progressing smoothly to get all the arrangements in place.

it's a minor comment that's impossible to verify but i'm so used to people just going SURE I READ THIS THING SAYING THAT FAIR TRADE IS SHITE ANYWAY SO I MAKE A POINT OF BUYING THE BLOOD DIAMOND SOURCED EVERYTHING AT ALL TIMES that I find it refreshing I guess.

anyway the phone. I opened it up yesterday to have a look, and it is cool to be able to take it apart so easily, I didn't take all the parts apart just took off the screen and had a look at the inside, it basically looks like this

fairphone-13.jpg

minor problem I noticed this morning, slight (very fast but noticeable) flickering of the phone screen in the dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back