The Ex and Tom Cora-and the weathermen shrug their shoulders (1 Viewer)

mackle

got this album in the post this morning and its fuckin amazing. everytime i get a new cd by The Ex my mind is blown.

what were they like live here last year?

Ciaran Mackle said:
got this album in the post this morning and its fuckin amazing. everytime i get a new cd by The Ex my mind is blown.

what were they like live here last year?
'weathermen..' just sounds like outtakes from 'scrabbling at the lock' to me.
if you don't know that album sell a relative and use the money to find it!

chickenham said:
'weathermen..' just sounds like outtakes from 'scrabbling at the lock' to me.
if you don't know that album sell a relative and use the money to find it!
havent got it yet. must get it soon. if its anywhere near as good as weathermen then its gonna be great.

anyone know any cool tom cora stuff to get/download?

yer SATL kicks tar out of ATWSTS...

only t. cora stuff i can think of offhand is 'archery' by john zorn
different kettle o fish altogether

the ex are brillent. juss brillent. they were amazing here. going to see their 25th b-day in the dam in november.

if there was some scorecard on what makes a band 'cool', like there was music, ethics, nice people, etc. criteria, the ex would score 11 out of 10 in every category. they are amazing in so many ways. their live shows leave you with your jaw on the ground.
you see this when you put on lots of bands. americans all have an american 'attitude'.. no matter who they are, it's always like "hey! we're crazy americans and we're touring your 'europe' - can you believe how cool we are?" melt banana were pretty much the only band (desides ZU) not thave have this... like with a lot of the yanks, you talk to them, you tell themn they're being asses and they calm down. most of them. but this band the ex... they're like the opposite end of the spectrum if you can imagine such a personality spectrum. i can.

hag said:
if there was some scorecard on what makes a band 'cool', like there was music, ethics, nice people, etc. criteria, the ex would score 11 out of 10 in every category. they are amazing in so many ways. their live shows leave you with your jaw on the ground.
you see this when you put on lots of bands. americans all have an american 'attitude'.. no matter who they are, it's always like "hey! we're crazy americans and we're touring your 'europe' - can you believe how cool we are?" melt banana were pretty much the only band (desides ZU) not thave have this... like with a lot of the yanks, you talk to them, you tell themn they're being asses and they calm down. most of them. but this band the ex... they're like the opposite end of the spectrum if you can imagine such a personality spectrum. i can.
melt banana arent american hag.

yeh but i agree with what you say about the Ex

Ciaran Mackle said:
melt banana arent american hag.

yeh but i agree with what you say about the Ex
really? well that explains..... aaaaahhhhhhhhhh...... remind me to sign off with the words 'hag' any time i post from now on, will ye?

Pantone247 said:
all I can imagine is a staircase made of toffee... :(
:D if only everyone was made from toffee, we'd never have any weight problems, for every lick you took, someone would lick you in return thus you always remaining the same actual weight!!! i guess you can have different types of toffee... me, i'm just excited at the propect of being able to lick some stranger in the street!

hag while you mentioned melt banana just made me wonder when i was getting my daemien frost/melt banana single.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back