The Eirecore Touring Bands Calendar (1 Viewer)

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
Right, I've just had a new idea (for me) about the organisation of tours in Ireland for bands from outside Ireland.

Basically, I reckon we should have a "touring bands" Calendar here on Eirecore which anyone can use and into which people can enter their dates for any touring bands they have coming over. It should be posted in a new thread which should be stickied at the top of the forum.
The Calendar should stretch to at least 1 year, so anyone who is booking a tour for someone can go forward to the dates and see if there is anything else happening around that time.
The default view for it should be the current month, but then you should be able to click a next or back button to see whatever month you want to see.
I'm not quite sure how this would be set up, but I'll bring this thread to the attention of Pete to see what he thinks.

The reason I think we could use this is that there are now quite a lot of people around Ireland organising tours for foreign bands, and it is becoming more difficult to make sure that tours aren't clashing. For instance, in February, I currently know of 4 tours that are being booked, and I don't know if any of the organisers are aware of the other things happening (so far no clashes though, yeah!).
Also I have had numerous occasions of being asked to put on a gig for some touring band, only for it to be on the same date as some other band is already playing.
Most of the people who are booking tours for punk bands (and even just diy bands that don't quite fit the genre but would still be of interest to people) are using this forum to advertise or to get in touch with other cities for gigs, so if we had a Calendar with all the tours listed in it then we could all just check it to see what is on around the same time when we are trying to book a tour. Then when the tour is booked, we're able to enter it into the Calendar for other people to see.
That way tour clashes will be kept to a minimum, which is a good thing for everyone.

What does everyone think?

I reckon the people who are booking tours would use it, so it's not a problem if no-one else does.

Something like what Stephen points out on that other site is the idea.

Jamie, Carry No Banners from Galway are currently booking a tour between 6-10 Feb. for a hardcore band from Hungary (can't remember their name offhand!) so be aware of that. It might not clash anyway, I dunno.

The Mingers from Leeds are playing 21 22 23 of Feb. I think, and To Kill from Italy tour on 28 Feb. 1 Mar. 2 Mar.

Also Dylan is booking Dauntless Elite at some point in Feb. as far as I know.

Get a different naked punk on it every month. Then we can sell it for money too.

Cool, or maybe semi nudie bands...

l_405a1a55f48deceaf43f20d1f963e039.jpg

Sure you were in my house when it was shown to me were you not? And it's on the internet somewhere, I think it might have been somebody's Bebo site. What a pic it is too!

Conor/ Damo should be on it too. Maybe it should just be a Fumes and corpses calender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back