The Eachtra Ensemble, November 3rd, Cork (1 Viewer)

Yeah, TGP were awesome that night... What DVD? Man, I always miss out on this stuff! Am I on it? If it is, scratch that chapter man, my audio went hay-wire that night. Tims Viz rocked [natch!] but rockies uber-violence overshadowed my wee little sounds! That man's a demon! :)

I don't know if we met that night. Were you wearing a stripy emo-y shirt and hanging around the car to the left of the 'stage area' in the car park for most of the night? Or was that Tim? I remember the three of you, (Eoghan Hunt with his typewriter) standing with mad cross heads on ye during the big delay between Ghostwood and us.

I was lying across from Rockie in casualty. The poor guy, no-one came in stay with him at all!

The dvd was a recording we did of the Eachtra performance- you can see the blood spurting out and everything...

EEEK! You're the hot violinist! busted...
///

Poor rocky :(( that guy is such a full on legend-in-his-spare-time. Yeah ensocarpark was surely the bloodiest art has gotten in a while. Any chance of getting a copy of that DVD? I really enjoyed [what I saw off but mostly just heard] your set.

Emo shirt? think think think... who knows...

plug said:
MGRtraining.gif

p1_tiger3.jpg

home.jpg

RasGMF5.jpg

high_five.gif

word up G!

You must spread some rep around etc etc...

Woooahhhhhh......That's some extreme high fiving Plugman!
But now it's gotten too commercial. I preferred the earlier high five material, before the whole phenomenom sold out!

Grame said:
You must spread some rep around etc etc...

Woooahhhhhh......That's some extreme high fiving Plugman!
But now it's gotten too commercial. I preferred the earlier high five material, before the whole phenomenom sold out!
I hear ya. oh, speaking of selling out, albert was down the other night. got a listen to yr new stuff... ;)nah, joking. s'deadly. you weren't lying when youze said it was HEAVY. .|..|

good luck with this tonite eachtra ensemble! very bummed I'm gonna miss it.

btw. all this aforementioned bleeding? what happened exactly???

ahh it was stupid really...

I had done it before another gig and nothing bad had happened so I was thick enough to try it again. You see, when you hit and slide a jam jar along the skin of a pair of tabla, it creates this really unique "doOoH" sound.

In Galway, the sound set up was a disaster, there was a huge delay, the audience were kept waiting for far too long and the whole atmosphere turned really really dark. Everyone was talking really loudly, even when we had started playing so it was so hard to hear each other, let alone ourselves... When I started doing the tabla thing the crowd quitened a bit and myself and Aine (the hot oriental girl on the poster) really started getting into it. I think I hit the side of the dayan (one on the right) and it just smashed - the sound was amazing though, just this really lovely clean crystal sound.

Then, my scream (which I think sounded like a seagull) ended up getting looped over and over again and I started spurting blood all over myself.
The band, my friends and even my mother thought that it was all part of the act and that I had somehow managed to sneak fake blood packs and a pump into the white boiler suit I had been wearing. I've only ever seen blood do that in films...

Fucking galway wankers started shouting "YEAH!!! ThAT IS FUCKING ART!!! WHO-HOOO!!!"

Ha,ha, I even took a bow....|..|

yeah, so it turned out that I completely severed my artery and sensory nerves in my right hand but only sliced halfway through my motory nerves...

lucky huh?:rolleyes:

I ended up getting plastic surgery on my hand and the inside all reconstructed. Now I've lost all feeling in half of my right hand and they say it'll never be the same again...

putting the 'art' into 'severed artery' for life!!

plug said:
I hear ya. oh, speaking of selling out, albert was down the other night. got a listen to yr new stuff... ;)nah, joking. s'deadly. you weren't lying when youze said it was HEAVY. .|..|

Yeah, we're going top twenty! |..|
Oh yeah, and, Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Eachtra!

Grame said:
Free hugs all round then! And if that don't float your boat, HIGH FIVE! Remember kids, keep the HIGH FIVE alive!

Cheers, High Hugs taste like this:
http://images.google.ie/images?q=tbn:v9HUGI_7kfsJ:http://www.andreawalks.com/graphics/westover_hugs2_high.jpg

piratio said:
Ahem... 'moment force'... ahem... :p

Har har, that's a fair cop, but it was Dennis' idea, mocked by all.

"Somwhere at the intersection of Karlheinz Stockhausen's 'Moment Form' and Clint Eastwood's 'Magnum Force' stand 'Moment Force'. Pure physics: music with mass and volume enough for everyone, everywhere, everytime."

I always thought it sounded like an aftershave Jeremy Clarkson might wear.

See you at Co-lab Dude, can't wait to meet you in real life!!!

plug said:
how did this go?
it was amazing. best eachtra i've seen yet. every gig gets better and better. czech out the finbarrs cathedral gig at the end of the month (26th?)

ddmurph said:
it was amazing. best eachtra i've seen yet. every gig gets better and better. czech out the finbarrs cathedral gig at the end of the month (26th?)
I sure will. missed it last night because I had to play a gig myself. which was a bit of a disaster.

so in summary... bah.

plug said:
I sure will. missed it last night because I had to play a gig myself. which was a bit of a disaster.

so in summary... bah.
where were you playing? what happened?

ddmurph said:
czech out the finbarrs cathedral gig at the end of the month (26th?)

that's it exactly!

Myself, Aine and Breandán will be joining forces with Gavin and Dave the United Bible Studs, along with Mick O' Shea, Giordai Ó Laoghaire, Danny McCarthy and 17 others...
The 12 hour performance (12pm-midnight) in Finbarrs Cathedral will be known as the 'Sonic Vigil'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back