The Devil On 45 Zine - Issue 3 Out Now! (1 Viewer)

i asked for the loserdom in road and they said you wernt in for a while,

the 10 year issue with the Redneck manifesto interview i thought it would be right up their street and gave them a free issue and everything to try to convince them to take it. but no joy always said they didnt have the space.
after all these years im not really up to begging shops to take the zine, so thats it...

Tried with the previous 2 Devil On 45's and they wouldn't, told them this time it came with two free cds, did up a little 12"x12" cardboard sleeve with zine on it with the cds and the contents to slide in along with the new lps. was pretty happy with myself getting them in there and in spindizzy.:)

fair play thats alot of effort. i suppose the fact that it has free cds theyd be more into it anyway! nice one.

Would this sell in Swords? I want a copy but I could also put some in my shop.

Well (without wanting to sound like an uppity cunt) I think that it could sell, seems to be enjoyed by a broad range of people, sell it to stores in the states that purely deal in outsider shit, they love it, seems to be goin down well in spindizzy, freebrid, city discs, road and so on. I could send you on 5 on sale or return if you want?

Nah, it's a bookshop but I've been thinking of starting a zine section. There's only Golden Dicks and HIV in the Pavillions anymore. Tape 2 Tape closed down a few years ago.

I love the prison blues article, if you listen and read at the same time you can follow all the stories of the songs - deadly .|..|

Better buy my own copy :)

yeah tried to sync it up as best as possible in regards the article and the cds that come with it. And hey why not buy two copies, they make the perfect present:p

/hey, just wondering- how many copies did ya make?

of issue 3 I did up 175, which when I send out all the orders this week, ill only have about 30 left! not too bad.

Re-did issue 1 and 2 on better paper the same day in read's, stung like a bastard when they handed me the bill for nearly 500euro! Although it was altogether 7 big boxes of zines already folded stapled and collated, boy was I glad I have a car now that day!

of issue 3 I did up 175, which when I send out all the orders this week, ill only have about 30 left! not too bad.

Re-did issue 1 and 2 on better paper the same day in read's, stung like a bastard when they handed me the bill for nearly 500euro! Although it was altogether 7 big boxes of zines already folded stapled and collated, boy was I glad I have a car now that day!

500 smackeroos, jayckers...!

Have you thought of having them printed abroad? You could get a real nice job done for a good price.

yeah was thinking about it but wanted to get the zine out sooner rather than later, maybe the next issue. They came out nice enough this time, managed to get slightly heavier paper and they look a bit nicer too:)

I'm not fully decided on the zine thing yet. Swords is a bit philistinic. I will be buying a copy or copies of this the next day I'm in town though. It sounds class.

fuck me, a leather jacket, the dole, now a car, what's next, a wife?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back