The Devil & Daniel Johnston (3 Viewers)

gingercut said:
That definitely seemed to be a turning pt for the worse but he was at one with the 'crazy' long before that. I wonder if he ws really rejected by her? He didn't seem to have the courage to have told her how he really felt. Possibly he knew he'd have freaked her out as he didn't even appear to know her that well but was more in love with the idea of her..and she was beautiful.

Recently, a screening of The Devil and Daniel Johnston reunited him with his long-lost love, now divorced from the undertaker. "She came to the film and she was more beautiful than ever," Johnston sighs. "And I kept saying to her, 'Will you marry me?' And I was huggin' her and kissin' her, and I'd never got that close to her, I'd never kissed her that much - I'd only kissed her once back in the old days. She said she'd call me, and she called me once, but she never called back again." He gives a wistful sigh. "And it's been like four months . . ."

Jim A. Morrish said:
Recently, a screening of The Devil and Daniel Johnston reunited him with his long-lost love, now divorced from the undertaker. "She came to the film and she was more beautiful than ever," Johnston sighs. "And I kept saying to her, 'Will you marry me?' And I was huggin' her and kissin' her, and I'd never got that close to her, I'd never kissed her that much - I'd only kissed her once back in the old days. She said she'd call me, and she called me once, but she never called back again." He gives a wistful sigh. "And it's been like four months . . ."

Aww..I had no idea. He got closer to her than I gave him credit for.

Just saw it myself tonight. One of those films that really stays with you for ages afterwards. I hadn't heard much of his stuff before, but am intrigued now, especially the last couple of songs. Anyone recommend where I should start? Or even what the name of that song at the end where he's dancing around in a ghost costume?

skrellp said:
Just saw it myself tonight. One of those films that really stays with you for ages afterwards. I hadn't heard much of his stuff before, but am intrigued now, especially the last couple of songs. Anyone recommend where I should start? Or even what the name of that song at the end where he's dancing around in a ghost costume?

Yeah, anyone know the name of the song during the closing credits?

Wheels said:
No it was a different song, much slower. Had a line that was something like 'I put your picture on the wall.'

"But the picture gets all blurred.
I see shadows dancin' on my wall."

Maybe it was this one?

www.rejectedunknown.com/lyrics/Song%20Title/urge.html

He has such an extensive back catalogue.I can't remember and now it's really irritating me. I know True Love Will Find You In The End was toward the end but not quite. Please post it if you think of it.

gingercut said:
"But the picture gets all blurred.
I see shadows dancin' on my wall."

Maybe it was this one?

www.rejectedunknown.com/lyrics/Song%20Title/urge.html

He has such an extensive back catalogue.I can't remember and now it's really irritating me. I know True Love Will Find You In The End was toward the end but not quite. Please post it if you think of it.

Yeah it's driving me fucking nuts.

Wheels said:
Anyone know the song?....

please?...

Was it Some Things Last A Long Time? I remember that being in the film, but can't remember if it was at the end. Has the line "Your picture is still on my wall" . From 1990 (the album. And the year).

jack nance hair said:
Was it Some Things Last A Long Time? I remember that being in the film, but can't remember if it was at the end. Has the line "Your picture is still on my wall" . From 1990 (the album. And the year).

That's the one! Muchos muchos gratias!

finally saw this last night. amazing. always knew he was "mental", but never knew how bad until i watched this. hadn't listened to him in a while either but been listening to a few bits and pieces today. hate song = the darkest song ever.

plug said:
finally saw this last night. amazing. always knew he was "mental", but never knew how bad until i watched this. hadn't listened to him in a while either but been listening to a few bits and pieces today. hate song = the darkest song ever.

nearly lost it during "true love will find you in the end":heart:
hope the dvd has lots of extras....

Saw him in NYC in 97 or 98 in the nitting factory.
He could only do 2 or 3 tracks because he mislaid his song notebook and couldn't remember the rest of his songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back