The Big Bang (1 Viewer)

Moods For Mallards

What was there before the Big Bang? As in The Creation of the Universe, rather than a group sex franchise.
You know, if there's an explosion, something has to be present to cause the explosion - what do the boffins have to say to me, the average punter, on this question?

Pillar2-Supernatural-GodCreates-Man-Sistine-Chapel.jpg

What was there before the Big Bang? As in The Creation of the Universe, rather than a group sex franchise.
You know, if there's an explosion, something has to be present to cause the explosion - what do the boffins have to say to me, the average punter, on this question?

they'd say that because the universe is all spacetime, then we can't talk about what came 'before' the big bang, because the big bang not only initiated space but also time itself. you'd be left unsatisfied with their answer and they'd then start talking about quarks or bosons or some such shite.

Here's the most depressing thing I've read all day, courtesy of Mr. William Golding. It's not directly related buh...

'To achieve salvation, individuality--the persona--must be destroyed. But suppose the man is nothing but greed? His original spirit, God-given, the Scintillans Dei, is hopelessly obscured by his thirst for separate individual life. What can he do at death but refuse to be destroyed? Inhabit a world he invents from half-remembered scraps of physical life, a rock which is nothing but the memory of an aching tooth-ache? To a man greedy for life, tooth-ache is preferable to extinction, and that is the terrible secret of purgatory, it is all the world that the God-resisting soul cannot give up.'

Here's the most depressing thing I've read all day, courtesy of Mr. William Golding. It's not directly related buh...

'To achieve salvation, individuality--the persona--must be destroyed. But suppose the man is nothing but greed? His original spirit, God-given, the Scintillans Dei, is hopelessly obscured by his thirst for separate individual life. What can he do at death but refuse to be destroyed? Inhabit a world he invents from half-remembered scraps of physical life, a rock which is nothing but the memory of an aching tooth-ache? To a man greedy for life, tooth-ache is preferable to extinction, and that is the terrible secret of purgatory, it is all the world that the God-resisting soul cannot give up.'
Would be depressing if it wasn't a load of made-up bollocks, perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back