the best band in the world play the 28th... (2 Viewers)

rockstar

ontheverge.ie presents....

VELVETRON
CONTRABAND
ON/OFF

LIVE @ THE HUB (EUSTACE STREET)...tues 28th sept @ 8pm ...FREE ADMISSION.

IF YOU APPRECIATE REAL MUSIC WITH INTEGRITY YOU REALLY SHOULD BE THERE.....................

4 more info check out www.velvetron.com

p3120221.jpg

I don't know. I came across their entire back catalogue in a charity shop a few years back and was so taken by their name that I still go on about them today. Dip bought a couple of their albums from said charity shop and said they were truly awful synth pop. Another myth shattered. Google shows absolutely no trace of them. It's like they never existed.........Apart from the fact that you saw them a few times in Eamonn Dorans. Any chance you could post a retrospective review for all the Heat the Beans fans out there?

That doesn't sound like the band I saw. My ones were a totally twee indie group with a femaile singer. I thought you were going to say they are now Tychonaut!

Vinnie said:
I don't know. I came across their entire back catalogue in a charity shop a few years back and was so taken by their name that I still go on about them today. Dip bought a couple of their albums from said charity shop and said they were truly awful synth pop. Another myth shattered. Google shows absolutely no trace of them. It's like they never existed.........Apart from the fact that you saw them a few times in Eamonn Dorans. Any chance you could post a retrospective review for all the Heat the Beans fans out there?

I remember them they were a feature on the Dave Fanning show in the early 90's.Them and The New Automatic Daffodils

why oh why were band names oh so bad in the early 90's?

Vinnie said:
That's New Fast Automatic Daffodils. Which is even worse.

truly a poor man's Neds Automic Dustbin if ever I heard one

I suppose these days it's all 'THE' as in THE Pencil, THE notebook, THE danish pastry... I mean these are just random items on my desktop, but it sounds like rough trades last three signings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back