The all new All New Loving Room Floor and the Return of the Rock Jihad (1 Viewer)

Alright, so for whatever reason I can't get thumped from my work computer so I haven't been updating this thread. I am now just doing This Show Totally Rocks on radioactiveinternational. I had to give up the 2xm thing as I didn't have time for two shows a week and radioactive is way more craic. Here's the last couple of shows anyways while I'm here.

http://radioactiveinternational.org/this-show-totally-rocks-numero-42-11th-july/
Alright, it’s hot, so I’ve got some smoking tunes for ya and some lovely power pop for the balmy evenings we here in Dublin Rock City are all enjoying. Firstup its Canada’s finest, The Hanson Brothers then we slip over to Sweden for The Hives, The Vicious and Regulations. A bit of Toy Dolls sneak in so Engerland gets in with another shout with Generation X. The power pop kicks off with The Exploding Hearts before my electronic partner takes the controls while I run to the off license for some more inspiration. What follows is a band by band playlist of the 11 bands playing the Dirtnap Records 14th Anniversary gig in September. I won’t be making it so I’ll be missing Bad Sports, White Wires, Sonic Avenues, Mind Spiders, Low Culture, Mean Jeans, Guantanamo Baywatch, Youthbitch, Autistic Youth and the Marked Men. Black Francis comes back from the dead (to me) with a brand new Pixies tune before Kim Deal’s Breeders remind us why us boys were so entranced by her voice as youngsters. The always politically incorrect Dwarves follow and then its a couple of odes to the heat to round things off. First it’s Miami’s The Eat and then the guilty pleasure that is early 90’s American Jock Funk Metal from Sweaty Nipples. This live video is amazing. I think I was there!!! You’ve got to love a slap and pop bass solo!!!! I must have sun burnt my brain. Stick this on and sunburn yours, it’s great craic!!! -

http://radioactiveinternational.org/this-summer-totally-rocks-numero-43-18th-july/
This summer is totally rockin!!! This week’s show has got more sunny tunes for more sunny days. Kicking things into gear it’s The Briefs, then on to a bit of FIDLAR, Dan Sartain, King Tuff and The Howlies. The dark horse that is So Cow follows and Alex Cuervo of the Hex Dispensers follows them. The big treat this week is a track from the new album from The Oblivians, who are of course followed by Jay Reatard. My favourite punk rocker turned popsmith and piano man Mikal Cronin follows and then its fellow SF band Thee Oh Sees. I don’t play enough Devo on this show so this should go someone to rectifying that and then it’s on to some stone cold classics from The B-52’s, Joe Jackson and The Minutemen. Crunchy tunes from Ty Segall, Jeff the Brotherhood and Queens of the Stone Age follow, while Naked Raygun and Snuff round off the proceedings. Stick it in, turn it to factor 50. Let’s get our drink on!! - See more at: http://radioactiveinternational.org...cks-numero-43-18th-july/#sthash.qinbU6Vv.dpuf

http://radioactiveinternational.org/this-show-could-totally-be-your-life/

I don’t know what made me think of Our Band Could Be Your Life this week. Maybe pics on FB from touring bands, or playing The Minutemen on last week’s show, or even a recent night in, listening to some old Chicago/Austin noise rock, but it got me to thinking of how great the bands in the book were/are and how mad some of the stories are. If you haven’t read the book, read it, start today. So on to the show. It starts off with a bit of the Wipers, just cuz. Then it is a chapter by chapter run down of the bands in the book: Black Flag, Minutemen , Mission of Burma, Husker Du, The Replacements, Sonic Youth, Butthole Surfers, Big Black, Dinorsaur Jr, Fugazi, Minor Threat and Mudhoney. I skipped Beat Happening as I don’t have any of their material and I will leave the room if any is put on the stereo. So that is the book and its worth the price alone for the story of Watt gaffer taping the legs of his trousers shut for days to keep in a severe case of the trotskys. The other big revelation this week was that Poison Idea was inducted into the Oregon Music Hall of Fame. They are followed by Bad Religion, The Angry Samoans, Mule , the Jesus Lizard and lastly Fucked Up. Alright that’s your lot, enjoy, let’s get it on!!! - See more at: http://radioactiveinternational.org/this-show-could-totally-be-your-life/#sthash.IimMmKlr.dpuf

I have been neglecting Thumped again, much to my shame. I have become more of a ‘long time listener, first time caller’ kind of bloke. I need to go back to the good old days of drinking on the internet and regretting it in the morning.

Anyways, I will try again to keep up to date with posting This Show Rocks every few weeks. There is a great buzz on Radioactive International at the moment with a few more Thumped heads coming on board recently. Here’s links to the last few shows.

90’s Noise Rock show:

Show because Poison Idea are coming to town in August. Also includes a few old Portland Punk bands and some nifty newish music

Show full of classic punk tunes:

Best of 2013 show including my 4 way tie for first with Radioactivity, FUZZ, Mikal Cronin and FIDLAR plus loads of other great stuff that was relesed during the year

Just a bunch of great tunes

All bands that are connected (sometimes somewhat spuriously) to Rocket From the Crypt who played during the week the show was recorded

Thanksgiving show dedicated to all of the gigs that happened in Dublin during the week of 25th November.

Due to unforseen circumstances I found myself back in Green Noise Records, home of Dirtnap Records, last week so this week's show is all records that I have bought in GN or are on DN, plus there's a brand new Revellions track from the album that hasn't been released yet.

Tune in here

This week's show is a bit heavier than last week's Power Pop/Pop Punk extravaganza. Loads of great bands and Irish tunes from Gummidge, Gout, Jobseekers and Ghost Trap. Tune in here for the rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back