That new Kylesa album then (4 Viewers)

True. Kylesa are probably just following orders.:rolleyes:

Intronaut were also on that tour (opening) Are they going to be fucked over too, just for buying onto a national tour? It's Basically guilt by association which is not right.

A lot of interesting comments on this, and I'm also kind of the opinion that Kylesa are unlucky in this scenario. But, on the other hand, bands have a choice how they conduct their affairs...I'm sure this a booking agents decision. (Again...where DIY meets the mainstream...where does personal repsonsibility end?)

But at the end of the day, they're hardly getting "fucked over".
Rather a small, DIY label has chosen not to invest a considerable amount of time & money by pressing a record they feel will compromise their own values, pure and simple. When the 20BuckSpin pressing sells out, this will be undoubtedly be repressed / relicensed - I doubt very much it will affect Kylesa in any great way.

But I think the Nachtmystium guys are reaping the rewards of being a) idiots and b) self contradictory. Whether or not them getting kicked off festivals / tours is "leftist scapegoating" certainly won't keep me awake at night....onwards...

Is there a bit of "no publicity is bad publicity" going on with them? I must admit I'd never heard of them until this thread.

Thing is though, perhaps Kylesa were unaware of Mr Judd's (because Nachtmystium effectively is Blake Judd and essentially a bunch of session musicians) shady dealings in the past - the fact that we all had to go searching on line for the specifics would certainly indicate it's hardly common knowledge. There's every chance at the time the tour was booked they were as in the dark as the rest of us. I'm curious if they'll actually issue any kind of statement about it.
I've been thinking a lot about this over the last few days.I think LaFamilia/Hate are kind of throwing the toys out of the pram a bit here. It's not really going to affect Kylesa as Glynn pointed out, it's just more frustrating for folks like me who want the album on vinyl.

Coming to think about it, is it just me or the riffs in "Running red" at about 2:20 and again 3:12 and thereabouts is dead similar to the intro riff in Black Sabbath's "Iron man"?
That's what I thought too!

nazi.jpg

/\ A Kylesa fan yesterday.

Well...storm in a teacup apparently. The controversy was good while it lasted though. At least we confirmed that Nachtmystium are silly if nothing else.

Official statement from La Familia / Hate:

March 04th, 2009 | Category: Uncategorized
Helvete
After some back and forth, discussion and talks caused by external happenings (more about that soon) we finally get it rolling. I am super happy i can still do it! Sorry to the band and all interested people for the delay. The record was send to the pressing plant for the testpressing and i hope to know really soon when we can set the release date. We will rush it to have the record out as close to the American release date as possible.
KYLESA - “Static Tensions” LP
* heavy cardboard jacket with matte varnish.
* 160 gram vinyl
* A full color A2 sized poster of the album artwork for the first 500 copies
* An 8 page LP sized booklet
Posted by: Stachel // March 4, 2009 // 5:05 am

So this means they will be taking pre-orders for it or it will have to be a matter of waiting for the release date?

I'd like to think it was the power of of a displeased Eirecore that caused this 180.

(even though that's obviously not in the slightest bit true)

kylesa myspace blog says, "There's been some confusion online and we just want to clear up the fact that we are not longer touring with The Haunted / Nachtmystium in April. We are touring with Mastodon and Intronaut."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back