Text msgs (1 Viewer)

ms.b.haven

(Retired)
Do you ever feel slightly retarded using smileys at the end of texts just to get the tone across. plus when you meet someone new do you spell all your words out correctly until you get 2 kno dem n start usn fukd up shit lyk dis? AND why do the majority of men use predictive text but just assume that it's typing the right words for them....so instead of "me" you get "of" etc.

way too much time on my hands today, sorry.

*neg* Things have changed with... 3rd October 2005 08:55 AM ms.b.haven ti-i-i-ime is on my siiiiiide, yes it is

apparently so.

petty? indeed it is.

La La said:
*neg* Things have changed with... 3rd October 2005 08:55 AM ms.b.haven ti-i-i-ime is on my siiiiiide, yes it is

apparently so.

ms.b.haven said:
plus when you meet someone new do you spell all your words out correctly until you get 2 kno dem n start usn fukd up shit lyk dis?

i spell my words correctly on text messages as it is. it's actually quicker for me that way. i use T9 of course so that's why.

i just hate those shorthand messages.

what i've noticed lately is that some of my friends have started dropping words out of the text...like "hi how u am goin cinema 2nyt if wana cum"

now that's just fucking lazy, and annoying
IFF said:
i spell my words correctly on text messages as it is. it's actually quicker for me that way. i use T9 of course so that's why.

i just hate those shorthand messages.

i have a new sony erricsson phone that is impossible to fucking use, so i am reply to long detailed text messages with "no" or "yes" - its wrecking heads.

"Hey, how was last night after i left, good buzz? Did you head out to that session or stay in the boozer?"

"yes"

c0De_n1NjA said:
i have a new sony erricsson phone that is impossible to fucking use, so i am reply to long detailed text messages with "no" or "yes" - its wrecking heads.

"Hey, how was last night after i left, good buzz? Did you head out to that session or stay in the boozer?"

"yes"

you're a phone spa

mr ninja waiting for the luas.

_1436910_phonebbc150.jpg

oh and i hate when people text you EXACTLY what they're doing "hi just in the shop now getting some chocolate and a sandwich, then going back to work, i'll probably walk..." what!!! how do you answer that

ms.b.haven said:
oh and i hate when people text you EXACTLY what they're doing "hi just in the shop now getting some chocolate and a sandwich, then going back to work, i'll probably walk..." what!!! how do you answer that

"i wouldn't get some chocolate if i were you, fatso"

Zeelander said:
I hate text messages that are about something and require responses. In a perfect world, people would only text me when they had something funny to say.

Even worse are the ones that dont require responses but a response is expected anyway. Man, i know some people that go apeshit if i dont reply in the first 5 seconds after recieving their message about having a headache or babies crying or some utterly useless piece of information like that.

the built-in dictionary on Sony Ericssons is crap. It knows NOTHING. Some bright spark needs to come up with a way to change the selection order of the T9 input ("me" instead of "of" by default etc) and an easy way to edit the custom words, so you aren't tediously spelling out "langer" at 2AM on Friday night as you stagger down westmoreland st, fending off the human detritus.

when is someone going to come up with a better excuse for not replying than "oh my credit ran out" or "my battery went"

be honest, "i got your message, i read it and couldn't be arsed writing back because i'm glad we don't keep in touch anymore, you're quite annoying"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back