Texaco Children's Art Competition (1 Viewer)

Bladez

I found myself in the Hugh Lane Gallery the other day when the prize winning paintings from the Texaco Children's Art Competition were on display in the front hall of the gallery. I can honestly say, I was taken aback by just how good the paintings were, even the ones from the very young kids. My favorite was one of an old lady staring quite sinisterly out from the painting with a harbour scene in the background. It must have come from a fairly dark imagination.

I would have expected more straightforward paintings, the direct copying of pictures from photographs etc, but most of the prize winning paintings were quite abstract and it was nice to see the judges recognising these.

Anyway, after the thread the other day about how all the kids today are just inside playing with their playstations, eating junk food and getting obese, I thought I'd start a thread with something positive to say about the 'youf'.

From the little Ive seen Im amazed at the high standard of these

Ive found myself double checking that a 12 year old did this amazing painting

on a related note ther is a very cute mothers day themed exhibiton in Blanchardstown shopping centre

Ive found myself double checking that a 12 year old did this amazing painting

Yeah, me too. Looking at a "A Farmhouse Scene in a Cubist Style" by a 9 year-old and thinking about what I was doing when I was 9 :)

BTW, anyone who hasn't been to the Hugh Lane Gallery before, I'd really recommend having a look. That was my first time there because I simply hadn't heard about it. They have some really interesting exhibits, including a great collection of Francis Bacon paintings and a reconstruction of his studio within the gallery. Plus, it's completely free...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back