Taxing a Crew Cab Van? (1 Viewer)

jimidalliance

Hey

I'm a member of a band, at the moment we have to small vans for transporting us and the gear, but we want to get a crew cab so we can fit everything in the one van!

Before buying anything I decided to do some research, and it seems that it is not so easy to tax the van.

I rang my local tax office for advice today. The lady just kind of spouted out a lot of stuff I had read already, that you have to have at least 3 employees and only use it within the hours that the employees are paid. However, the second I mentioned that it was for a band, I was met with a stern NO!!
She said it has to be a proper business, and I explained that we are a registered business and we are registered with revenue to file our income tax. She then said that we don't have any employees, to which I replied that it was a four way partnership, surely that would count!! She through quite a few more excuses at me, but I was able to honestly answer them, and could not see what the issue was, but she basically kept saying that No, a band will not qualify for commercial tax!!

So my question is, is she right or is there a way for me to tax a crew cab commercially?

To tax it privately would be far too expensive!!!

Cheers!!

the best thing to do in this situation is to apply in writing:
state that you and the other people that would be transported are in a partnership registered for tax.

the websites do state you need 3 employees but get a written opinion rather than a phone call conversation.

the best thing to do in this situation is to apply in writing:
state that you and the other people that would be transported are in a partnership registered for tax.

the websites do state you need 3 employees but get a written opinion rather than a phone call conversation.

Whatever you do,dont be caught driving it if yer on the scratcher..the have doledudes at checkpoints now for vans..someone I know was stopped by one..if yer taxed commercially and on the scratcher they say you frauding them.

if you use the van for *anything* other than 'company' business, they can drop you back to private rates; though i don't think this is policed too extensively.

if you use the van for *anything* other than 'company' business, they can drop you back to private rates; though i don't think this is policed too extensively.

It's really not, but just in case I always have some sort of tools in the back of mine. Just stick a tambourine in there or something, "On the way to practice guard."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back