T-shirt printing (1 Viewer)

Sounds good. We might take this to the Biennale yet. I had an entry last year, it was a 10 ft. peanut-butter statue of a semi-erect penis surrounded by a chain of ham slices, slotted into each other by means of carefully placed rips. The whole thing was mounted on a specially baked 50 square foot slice of brown bread, courtesy of the sadly doomed Kylemore Cafe. It was entitled "Moral Quandary" and was sponsored by UTV.

The media used were: poster paints, flesh-coloured crayons, bread, ham, peanut-butter.

Chrith (05 Dec, 2001 05:52 p.m.):
i have designs on being part of that installation. my donation would be a flimsy recording of a knacker wailing caught in a mantrap, embedded in the skull of a dead knacker. if i may be so bold.

(peepee! hurry up!)

Be aware that the iron on transfers (which you should be able to buy for yourself) show up more on darker T-shirts. You can get coloured ones but matching them to shirts is v.difficult.

in dublin Millers screen printers in Drimnagh can make a screen with an image on it for you. It costs £17 for an A4 screen and a further £12 to expose an image onto it. The screenpinters is in the yellow pages. They also sell inks for tshirts for around a tenner for black and white and up to twenty pound for colours. there you go, making a screen is only viable for you intend on mass producing your work.

What do you do then? Say you get a screen with an image on it made and you wanna make a load of t-shirts ... do you buy the t-shirts and some ink and use the screen to somehow apply the ink to the t-shirts? How?

you can get yourself a home screen printing kit from any art shop.

brings back some awful memories of not reading instructions and screen printing the iron maiden logo onto me ma's living room carpet

well *BASICALLY* you stick the screen down on the t-shirt pour some ink of the back and use a stick (or something) to smoothe the ink down on the screen, it'll get transfered onto the tee and viola a t-shirt.

but obviously theres lots of bits a pieces a printer would have to this quciker and neater (big presses to keep the sreen tight against the t-shirt.... vacuam suction table thingys to stop the t-shirts moving during printing... but in theory you could DIY it... if you don't mind getting messy

why dont you just buy one of those nice pre-printed t-shirts with, like, "GAP" or something written on it and avoid the messy fingers altogether?

peepee (06 Dec, 2001 03:50 p.m.):
why dont you just buy one of those nice pre-printed t-shirts with, like, "GAP" or something written on it and avoid the messy fingers altogether?

cause I want me t-shirt to say...

LIFE=FUCK

or

HUMAN=SHIT

or

BIRTH=DECAY

Gap don't stock them

man I'm so misunderstood

I want to print a tshirt for a forthcoming hypocritical performance in the Guinness Hops Store that says Guinness=Pricks.
Maybe I should screen and mass produce them.

Although when it comes to it, I'm sure it will be badly scrawled in marker and people will say: your gum-=caks tshirt looked pathetic.
And they'll be right.
*cry*

if ever a reason was needed for home made t-shirts:

[img="http://thumped.com/gfx/witnness/tshirts_2.jpg"]

Photo (and blame) (c) silo, 2000

(i have nothing against darragh purcell - i've never met the chap - but that's just too funny to be forgotten)

yeah I think they had those Daragh Purcell is a spa t-shirts at the first witnness.

watch out with your HUMAN=SHIT t-shirt people might think you are a Slipknot fan

oi! my photo! credit where it's due please!

maybe - no, definitely - you should put that picture up on the thumped intro page. at least for a while.

STOP FOLLOWING ME

so it turned out i still had those photos (and the review they were attached to) on my PC

I might have to repost some of that old stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back