sunshine (1 Viewer)

I thought the premise of this film was totally daft. The sun isn't ON FIRE you mooks. It's powered by its own damn gravity

No shit. Danny Boyle Interview with Total Film:

'It's completely impossible, you can't do it' laughs boyle at the implausibility of his sunbound storyline. 'There's NO WAY you could fly to the sun. You can do all the research you want but it's all bollocks because there's just no way you can get there. Only cinema can take you there!'

And on Pinbacker:

'Pinbacker is spectral presence. He has exposed himself to such forces of light and energy that all the bits that make us up, all the protons and neutrons and electrons, have been rearranged. But whether you see that or it's just in the characters heads is entirely up to you...'

I saw it yesterday and really liked it, the music was great and really added to the suspense especially when they go outside for the first time and what that leads to... I read a load of reviews that mentioned the terrible ending is I expected it to be what happens when they show Earth at the end but obviously rhey were talking about the whole Pinbacker thing so obviously I didn't have a problem with it!! I definitley agree with whoever said that Pinbacker played the part that we all expected the psychiatrist so I can't see why so many people are pissed off with it.

Spoiler
The one thing that really got me was when the guy (I'm shit at remembering character names) dropped his wrench in the coolent and reached in to get it for 1.44784674 seconds and his hand was covered in frost bite then towards the end he was swimming it in for about 4 minutes :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I saw it yesterday and really liked it, the music was great and really added to the suspense especially when they go outside for the first time and what that leads to... I read a load of reviews that mentioned the terrible ending is I expected it to be what happens when they show Earth at the end but obviously rhey were talking about the whole Pinbacker thing so obviously I didn't have a problem with it!! I definitley agree with whoever said that Pinbacker played the part that we all expected the psychiatrist so I can't see why so many people are pissed off with it.

Spoiler
The one thing that really got me was when the guy (I'm shit at remembering character names) dropped his wrench in the coolent and reached in to get it for 1.44784674 seconds and his hand was covered in frost bite then towards the end he was swimming it in for about 4 minutes :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

From Danny Boyle's Total Film interview:

'Shut the fuck up evil bandit you bender. You crave men.'

I thought it was weird reading it at the time but makes sense now.

From Danny Boyle's Total Film interview:

'Shut the fuck up evil bandit you bender. You crave men.'

I thought it was weird reading it at the time but makes sense now.

He said the same thing when I questioned the glamourisation of junkies in Trainspotting and now that I think of it he said it again when I asked where was McGregor in The Beach but I guess you just can't argue with logic like You crave men.

This was grand, a little LOUD in parts and when those disco-ball cheese-grater space suits came out... ha! Overall, an enjoyable space romp.

Thought this was w.o.e.f.u.l. Danny Boyle makes a pretty shabby attempt at making a grandiose Kubrick statement.

Cillian Murphy spends 5 minutes trying to walk 2 metres in a gold suit, falls over, stands up, struggles somemore, then suddenly bursts through a door - now out of suit, ready for action? Where was the nasty on-ship tension a lá Alien...Kitten and Fantastic Four have a bitch slappin comp..c'mon??!!

Thought this was w.o.e.f.u.l. Danny Boyle makes a pretty shabby attempt at making a grandiose Kubrick statement.

Cillian Murphy spends 5 minutes trying to walk 2 metres in a gold suit, falls over, stands up, struggles somemore, then suddenly bursts through a door - now out of suit, ready for action? Where was the nasty on-ship tension a lá Alien...Kitten and Fantastic Four have a bitch slappin comp..c'mon??!!

true.

lads, this film blows goats. what an unimaginative load of poo.

How did the captain of the first ship get on board Icarus2?

No-one else seems to have noticed this. When they dock with Icarus 1 and have just gone through the airlock, the scene switches to a seemingly pointless zoomed-out view of both ships docked together. But if you look closely enough, you can see that there is the silhouette of someone moving about outside the airlocks, presumably in a space-suit. The only way you'll see it is to look for motion on the picture and focus on that. This is meant to explain how yer man got on board Icarus 2.
Of course, Sunshine is a big pile of shite like. Funny though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back