Suggestions from all y'all (2 Viewers)

Junglebob

Website
www.littlemotiverecords.com
OK, basically Work sucks big fat monkey-balls! Time to find a new job or something better to do, if you have any suggestions send them across, please!

Background on me, dream job is to be a Commercial Pilot, but the cost for the training alone is like €70,000+ (excluding living expenses for 1.5 years), but I already have my Private Pilots Licence so will hopefully do it eventually. I currently work regulating airlines from a business point of view but its not at all what I had hoped or like, its basically like a Civil Service job without the perks. I wouldn't mind doing something else in aviation and aviation in a foreign country would be nice. I've never been to college and never lived abroad, both of these I would love to do. Would really love to live in Germany or Denmark.

Anyone gots any suggestions on what I should try?

I heard a thing on the radio about the airports here being short of air traffic controllers at the minute, dunno if that'd be up your street.

Any interest in joining the air corps? The couple of commercial pilots I know started off there

I heard a thing on the radio about the airports here being short of air traffic controllers at the minute, dunno if that'd be up your street.

think it rates as one of the top 5 most stressfull jobs

i reckon you should go private jet pilot, should be enough reach fucks around this country you can ferry off to the bahamas at the drop of a hat for nice dough

I can second this. There are some new private jet companies that will be operating in Ireland starting over the next couple of years, which is ironic for me to know, but hey, whatever.

Try www.flyjetbird.com. They're based in Ireland and plan to start flying in 2009.

Also check out www.execujet.net

and Net Jets, and www.twinjet.co.uk.

Commercial flying is really long training, but if people are chartering planes, you might get to go to some really cool places.

the cost for the training alone is like €70,000+

now i really don't know a lot about this, but i do know a lad who went to florida a few years back to train to be a pilot and it didn't cost him anything like that amount of money. he's starting to fly with ryanair soon. i reckon if thats what you want to do then go for it.

now i really don't know a lot about this, but i do know a lad who went to florida a few years back to train to be a pilot and it didn't cost him anything like that amount of money. he's starting to fly with ryanair soon. i reckon if thats what you want to do then go for it.

i lived with a guy in limerick who would go off to england for training
every so often. last time i saw him (a couple of years after i left
limerick) he was wearing a pilots costume in dublin airport

he was runnin around the departures pretending to be plane

Nerhhhhhhhhhhh DUH DA DUH DA DUH DAH NERNNNnnnnnn

I lived with a guy in Hamburg, went off to do flight training in the States, never heard anything from him since.

think it rates as one of the top 5 most stressfull jobs

i reckon you should go private jet pilot, should be enough reach fucks around this country you can ferry off to the bahamas at the drop of a hat for nice dough

My da was an air traffic controller and him and all his former air traffic controller pals were all dead of cancer, heart attacks etc by the time they were 60. You could say it was stress or you could say it was the hard drinking and smoking the accompanied the stress. My ma reckons it was from the dodgy radar in Shannon in the 1960s but you'd never prove it cos of aforementioned drinking and smoking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back