stuck in spain til saturday dole question (1 Viewer)

JenFast

Website
www.myspace.com
which means this tuesday i wont be able to go and get the dole.... will they give it to me the following week or as ive missed it il just have to do without?

i just have not got a clue...and im also sure the fact i went away wont go down well?

thanks anyone.

stuck here listening to people blaming the flight restrictions on the global warming conspiracy...sigh

some numpty in a daily telegraph comments thread said:
[The Copenhagen] Treaty relied upon the data provided to support the absurd notion of "man-made global warming." Following Climategate, and the realisation of the full extent of the deceit, the Treaty appeared dead in the water. As Antony points out, this 'Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre' is linked to the Met Office which supported the global warming scam by relying on the false data of those half-baked 'scientists.' I smell a rat: what if this volcanic eruption is being used by the 'usual suspects' to present a further case for this Treaty? Have you noticed the lines in newspaper reports about how African countries will be hard hit economically, unable to sell their produce in Europe or how air travel was deemed by the warmists to be contributing massively to global warming? How convenient that this ash cannot be seen by the naked eye but perhaps a scam can? I know this is all no consolation to those whose travel plans are skewered but, long term, I think we're all for the high jump if we don't start raising some questions about this 'crisis' and how conveniently it fits in with the EU, UN and US's support for the Copenhagen Treaty and their wealth theft of the West.

I used to collect on tuesdays and couldn't one week but it was still there on the saturday, some post offices hold it for up to five or six days. I think if you don't collect it will go back the the SW and you'll have to explain yourself before they give it to you. If you give your PO a ring they'll tell you how long they hold it for.

Are you in Spain for a job interview?

no haha!

trip was a present and was also booked a while back... but anyway i had to get my mum to call them as i couldnt... said i should have informed them i was going away, i genuinley didnt realise i had to do this if it was just a weekend break... anyway they've now suspended my claim! arse!

Don't worry, when you get back call into them and explain your story and they will resume your payment. Tell them you were going to visit family. If they give you crap about being available for work, just eat humble pie and apologise. you'll be grand.

You're not entitled unless you are actively seeking work. You have to tell them you are going on holiday and fill in a leave form same as you would in a job.

even if you were flying out friday evening and returning sunday night?

even if you were flying out friday evening and returning sunday night?

Yep. You sign for six days a week (that's why you can get half-dole if you are put on a 3 day week) so technically they can cut you off or dock you a days money if you are not actively seeking work or on a permitted holiday to cover the Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back