Street repainting (1 Viewer)

redflaremist

Website
www.geocities.com
Hello.

Do I get in trouble if I semi cross post from Eirecore?

Repaint the Streets this evening at 5pm at the Spike.

Bring a tin of paint with you. And a brush. And a bike. Or any of the three.

Not sure whats going on afterwards. Possible link up with the march to Mountjoy Prison or maybe a blockade somewhere.

See you all at 5pm?

I think the original idea was to paint cycle lanes where there werent any. Also to paint the areas of the road that are potholed in order to highlight the danger to cyclists by the condition of the roads. Im not sure if this is whats going to happen though.

if it is then the only blockade the decorators will see is the backed up toilets in the bridewell

also: i hope you'll have someone on hand who a. won't be too busy getting arrested for vandalism and b. can explain to the bemused media what differentiates this action from vandalism.

pete said:
also: i hope you'll have someone on hand who a. won't be too busy getting arrested for vandalism and b. can explain to the bemused media what differentiates this action from vandalism.
thats exactly why I wont be there. I dont want to be part of the possible mess. The repainting of the streets that has been done before in other countries is usually done by a very small group late at night. It pre-dated the stencil craze - now Im not confident in what its becoming.

The fact that ireland.com are reporting that access to O'Connell street will be "restricted" because of repaint the streets doesn't exactly fill me with optimism.

nah, knowing my luck i'll be walking past and get paint on my shoes or something...

some fuck drenched me earlier, drove through a puddle beside the path

apparently they will be hooking up with a march going from the garden of remeberance to mountjoy prison to protest at the jailing of Joe and Clare (bin tax). I dont know who is organising this march so Im not speaking for or recommending it. But its at 7.30 so I might take a look and see what happens.

sounds like youve been lifting your policies from Homer Simpson's guide to waste management. shoddy work - straight to the Dail with ya!! :D

here

are there any nice 1st floor restaurants overlooking the spike? i'm meeting the wife for dinner this evening and i'd like a good spot to watch the skull cracking fun from.

pete said:
here

are there any nice 1st floor restaurants overlooking the spike? i'm meeting the wife for dinner this evening and i'd like a good spot to watch the skull cracking fun from.
McDonalds?

pete said:
here

your first wife?

I went along to have a look.!ninjaaaa All the paint was confiscated by the polis before the thing started (thankfully I suppose) but there was also a strong presence of undercover cops hassling people. It was actually quite embarrassing the amount of security on the streets. I have never seen so many cops, cops with dogs, cops on horses, cops on bicycles, cops on motorbikes, cops in camera vans etc. There were more police than there were 'likely troublemakers'. Its a pity they dont do that when there is real danger on the streets. The crowd was an even mixed from punk kids to punk adults to members of the green party, to older business types who like bikes. Altogether harmless really. They eventually hooked up with the march to mountjoy to protest at the jailing of Joe & Clare.

I suppose Ill point out that it was european car free day and not one street in the city was actually made car free by the government. There was little or no attempt made even though they signed up to the european agreement hence the need for somebody else to do it. I dont think providing free buses for 3 hours is exactly offering your citizens the possibilities for discover more sustainable means of transport. A list of cities that participated: http://www.mobilityweek-europe.org/part/campaign_list.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back