Story with Hexstatic and Prefuse 73? (1 Viewer)

Serpico

Website
www.conanbrophy.com
Anybody know what format this is gonna take? Are hexstatic and the field doing rave style dj sets or is it a full VJ show? If it's a un-ts,un-ts,un-ts-fest then I'll not bother.

Field was wicked at Electric Picnic. I want to go to this but can't cos its on a blimming sunday, and i live in sligo! Actually cant remember the last decent gig that was on a Saturday or Friday in Dublin. I have to take a Friday off work to see Modeselektor in November. But it will be worth it, and the more un-st un-st un-st the better if ye ask me!!!!

Got tickets...I wanted to see a prefuse 73 headline show. First time he's played here. I don't know the other 2 (I'll have a butcher's at my space) If its rave I'll leave after prefuse 73...

Really didn't think much of the field last night at all, left after the first few songs. Prefuse 73 were deadly I think although the sound was lousy.

Hexstatic didn't perform due to illness. Prefuse 73, yeah he was good. I'm a big of electronic music but it's more of a listening thing, if you know what I mean. It's not really gig music. I saw telefon tel aviv in whelans a few years ago, two guys lookin' at laptops for an hour & a half is not hugely entertaining. But anyway I wanted to see prefuse play. The live drummer was a bit sloppy in places, it's hard to play with machines i know. The show could do with a bit more variety, maybe a vocalist for some tracks.
The field, only stayed for 2 tunes, not my cupa tea

Hexstatic didn't perform due to illness. Prefuse 73, yeah he was good. I'm a big of electronic music but it's more of a listening thing, if you know what I mean. It's not really gig music. I saw telefon tel aviv in whelans a few years ago, two guys lookin' at laptops for an hour & a half is not hugely entertaining. But anyway I wanted to see prefuse play. The live drummer was a bit sloppy in places, it's hard to play with machines i know. The show could do with a bit more variety, maybe a vocalist for some tracks.
The field, only stayed for 2 tunes, not my cupa tea

Did you notice the live drums cutting out alot like some kinda really heavy compression or something? I'm trying to figure out if it was my imagination or not.

Did you notice the live drums cutting out alot like some kinda really heavy compression or something? I'm trying to figure out if it was my imagination or not.

The live drums is a good idea. Makes it more gig like. He was just a bit messy in places. I could imagine a better drummer adding more interesting parts.

Moose, In retrospect,I was so drunk I forgot I met you there...

I also said something stupid to Crayonsmith I think.

So I don't have to apologise for not being able to make any sense then?

I was also in a state. Some weekend it was.

Seeing Prefuse 73 tonight. been looking forward to this for ages!
was pretty poor gig.
although i couldnt really tell because the sound was so awful in Scala. drums sounded great but drowned the two lads on the electronics out. complained to the engineer. was told to get stuffed then others did too because it was just pointless. was like watching a drummer practise. and eventually the sound improved marginally. obviously not used to doing sound for Hip-hop coz the sound for support band was great (Chrome Hoof - full band of 10 mentallers, deadly!). and the crowd was motionless. dull bastards.
a real let down. their merchandiser said Dublin was amazing when i asked her about it, you lucky people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back