Stoat, Mumblin' Deaf Ro, Capratone (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 72
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 1
I really enjoyed it, here's my quick impressions:

Capratone - very quirky and the sound quality didn't always flatter the vocals, but I thought they were nicely cute and strange - some of the backing vocal stuff was cool (doo - bap bap)

Mumblin' Deaf Ro - to be honest, I was a lot more impressed with the solo song at the end than the band stuff - I'd really have liked to be able to hear Ro's finger-picking proper like - the keyboard was too loud in the mix and was playing the same lines which resulted in Ro's guitar being lost - the last song was fantastic tho and everyone was absolutely quiet.

Stoat - full of energy. Rushed through their songs like their instruments were on fire or something :) Guitar sound was a little on the trashy sound but only a little. Very punchy on the whole - great fun to watch.

Worst part of the evening was the smoke-filled-ness of the music room - I think my passive smoking quota for the year was used up last night. All-in-all was worth the seven euro (and the walk home!)

Originally posted by Morn

Mumblin' Deaf Ro - to be honest, I was a lot more impressed with the solo song at the end than the band stuff - I'd really have liked to be able to hear Ro's finger-picking proper like - the keyboard was too loud in the mix and was playing the same lines which resulted in Ro's guitar being lost - the last song was fantastic tho and everyone was absolutely quiet.

really enjoyed both stoat and capratone. first time i'd heard capratone properly, some nice sprawling yo la tengo meets dinosaur jr. tings going on - looking forward to the album. stoat were the best i'd seen 'em yet, poifectly tight and engaging and got their sense of humour\fun\energy across without seeming to belittle the music which i think might have happened in the past.

i woz playing with ro so can't really comment on what it sounded like but have heard the same as above back from most people. i think the sound balance was better in the lower deck for the album launch and next time we'll make a big big big effort to make sure ro's guitar and voice are much higher in the mix. i guess the band is really meant to be an accompaniment to flesh the songs out a bit - so having everything equal in the mix sorta spoils the delicacy of ro's finger pickin and vocals. the last song was something special though, the whole place was silent. magic.

Originally posted by Pantone247
fucking flag waving anarchist

hey! that was symbolism!

you just can't understand the meeeening of these intensely emotionalistic intense things i do.

only syb understands me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back