Sticks? (1 Viewer)

Recentley switched back to Pro-Mark 5b's after using Vic Firth 5b & 3a's for past 2 years. Pro mark are the job. Seriously. Dont think il ever go back to vic firth tbh.

Only reason i used vic firth in the first place was the deal thomann/musicstore had (cant remember which had it). Amount of times a vic firth has split in my hand first or second hit in to a gig...

Promark til i die!

So can anyone post up a link of somewhere I can get a pack of 5b promarks? cant seem to find the packs on thomann or musicstore

Cheers

yeah - a.k.a. "giant sequoia tree". You'd be scared too!!!

sequoia.gif

Quick question, got a pair of Vic firth metal n sticks on sunday. played with them at practice that night, and one of them split down the middle before our practice finished.
Do I have any ground to go back with them, or would that be regarded as regular ware & tear ?

Don't think you'll have any grounds but if the people in the shop are sound they might give you another pair. I usually examine the grain on thte stick before I buy them. If the grain runs right up the middle and teeters off toward the top the stick won't have a long life.

I've been using Vic Firth 7an since I started learning. It's mostly because my girly arms couldn't lift the 5a's in the beginning but I've been fooling myself into thinking that they'll make me a louder drummer if I ever move up to heavier sticks.

Had been using Vic Firth 5As for a while there but have never settled on a pair for longer than a coupla months. I've gotten heavier over the years. Necessity forced me in to gettin these there a while back and boy did they last:

funkblaster_Large.jpg

Quick question, got a pair of Vic firth metal n sticks on sunday. played with them at practice that night, and one of them split down the middle before our practice finished.
Do I have any ground to go back with them, or would that be regarded as regular ware & tear ?

I had the top inch or so snap off a zildjian 5b after about an hour of playing before, went back to Instrumental where I got em an he said theres no warranty on sticks but I was welcome to take it up with zildjian. I didnt bother but talked him into giving me another pair half price. Since then Ive noticed zildjian 5bs splitting way quicker than they used to so Im using Vic Firths these days - so far so good.

Zildjian sticks are the pits, always break way to easy and chip, so no good for using upside down. 3b's are the new 5a's

pro mark 747's - not too thick but the extra length means they really swing. power with precision, i love it.

been playing these for six years and probably still have some that are that old. i've done hardcore punk, mathy prog weird shit, a US tour with a quiet indie singer, drum circle freakouts, and am now playing sampler pads and midi triggers. anything else feels wrong at this point. i only buy new ones when the sweat starts turning them black. promark sticks just don't break.

Are there any sites doing a 6 pack of either Pro Mark or Vic Firth these days? I've been looking for bleedin' ages and can't find any...

Fuck t'internet Eoin, today in X music I got 12 pairs of promarks for €115. Works out about €9:50 a pair, great price and 12 pairs should last me fuckin years

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back