Stewart Lee stand-up on paramount (1 Viewer)

*Bump*

Anyone see Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle on BBC2 tonight?
Great to see him back on d'telly. And really enjoyable stuff, a Dave Allen-esque format, which suits him I think. Our own Michael Redmond made a great cameo as a goat too.

I also had the (dis)pleasure of seeing my own gurning face on screen in the audience every 30 seconds. LOOK AT ME MUM I'M ON TELLY.

Trailer here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, watched it last night.
Funny fucker.
I thought some of the sketches were a bit unnecessary though.

Here's an older bit.

Thanks... there's some radio thing on youtube of him interviewing Alan Moore, it's pretty good-

*Bump*

I also had the (dis)pleasure of seeing my own gurning face on screen in the audience every 30 seconds. LOOK AT ME MUM I'M ON TELLY.

I was there too! Alas I was at the shadowy bit at the back, so could only occasionally see a faint gingery glow from the hair of my friend who was ther with me. Lovely venue, eh?

Paddy McGinty's Goat biography was hilarious, and fair play to him for using real-life Irish actors instead of English ones putting on a silly voice.

this might be a good place to ask, what's the deal with doug stanhope? i've heard a few people shiteing on about how great he is and...he's pretty lame. am i missing something? he comes across like an angry, bitter, sweaty rapist who wants to stab your daughter's underwear. that doesn't really scream 'comedy' to me.

this might be a good place to ask, what's the deal with doug stanhope? i've heard a few people shiteing on about how great he is and...he's pretty lame. am i missing something? he comes across like an angry, bitter, sweaty rapist who wants to stab your daughter's underwear. that doesn't really scream 'comedy' to me.

Until recently he was a remarkable stand up but the last time I saw him I thought he was attrocious and I felt pretty similar to you afterwards.

From better days

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym036uSqy_s"]YouTube - Doug Stanhope - End the Hate[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQEcMTSgg5w"]YouTube - Doug Stanhope - Fuck the French[/ame]

ah he did a bit about irish women being too ugly to rape as an explanation for the child-raping enjoyed by the priests here......he's not letterman stuff...wait..let me google that........yeah s'not letterman stuff, crue

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back