St-St-Studio line (1 Viewer)

sparse

Website
www.facebook.com
It's probably been done before but whats the current thought behind the recording studios in Dublin?

Which ones are best, for price and quality and also availability?

We've got a guy to reocrd us, we just need advise on where.

Cheers

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..and I believe uptight rockstars morrello are renting their place in fingerless..ask alex.

In my humble option

Trackmix is supposed to be excellent for the money
I've heard a few things out of there. All good quality

I believe Salt Studios in Bayside is pretty cool. And apparently a really nice enviroment to record

We've just finished recording some stuff in Pulse(Engine Room) which is a class studio. But it's really pricey!

But if your gonna spend a few grand on recording you could be better off setting up your own project studio. You'll be surprized the results you can get. That's what Morello have done in Finglas and it's what were doing at the moment.

:cool:

Originally posted by Tokey
In my humble option

Trackmix is supposed to be excellent for the money
I've heard a few things out of there. All good quality

trackmix is ok, we recorded twice there.... you'd want to bring your own engineer though, mike is a little battle weary...

I believe Salt Studios in Bayside is pretty cool. And apparently a really nice enviroment to record

salt studios is nice, staff are very helpful.

But if your gonna spend a few grand on recording you could be better off setting up your own project studio. You'll be surprized the results you can get. That's what Morello have done in Finglas and it's what were doing at the moment.

yeah, but if you can't operate it properly then its a waste. and if you're recording your own music you can become quite immune to it i think. always best to have someone else, an outside ear i think.

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..and I believe uptight rockstars morrello are renting their place in fingerless..ask alex.
Not exactly... a couple of bands offered to help us with the rent and we let them use the studio to record with Dubh, that's it. Now that Dubh is leaving we'll have to see what to do.

However, Tokey is right. Producing a full length album in a studio would cost as much as putting together your own. Besides, working in your studio without time constraints make a huge difference. It's all here

Originally posted by lorcanzo
yeah, but if you can't operate it properly then its a waste. and if you're recording your own music you can become quite immune to it i think. always best to have someone else, an outside ear i think.
This is true, you do need someone who knows his stuff to do the job... Dubh is great, it's a shame he's leaving next Thursday

Originally posted by Alex
Not exactly... a couple of bands offered to help us with the rent and we let them use the studio to record with Dubh, that's it. Now that Dubh is leaving we'll have to see what to do.

However, Tokey is right. Producing a full length album in a studio would cost as much as putting together your own. Besides, working in your studio without time constraints make a huge difference. It's all here

Did ya get your album finished man?

And hows Dubh's ankle?
I was tellin him he should sue Finglas county council :) :) :)

Crazy feckin stairs. Nearly went down em myself :)

Originally posted by Tokey
Did ya get your album finished man?

And hows Dubh's ankle?
I was tellin him he should sue Finglas county council :) :) :)

Crazy feckin stairs. Nearly went down em myself :)
Not yet, we started mixing last Sunday, hopefully we'll finish next weekend.

Dubh's ankle is fine, he claims he was sober when he fell off the stairs..... do you believe that..? :D

Originally posted by Alex
Not yet, we started mixing last Sunday, hopefully we'll finish next weekend.

Dubh's ankle is fine, he claims he was sober when he fell off the stairs..... do you believe that..? :D

I believe that he wasn't drunk (probably as high as a kite though :D )

Only messing Dubh :p

Good to hear it's nearly finished. Must head out for a pint with the man before he goes back home

Another good option is me (plug!). I've set up K-recording which is going good guns at the mo. I'm in the middle of recording the forthcoming 66 electric album, b-sides and some album work for Babel fish and have completed some preproduction work with Juliet Turner to name but a few.

I have a mobile setup which is fully capable of recording a full band with excellent results, ask any 66e member! My deal is I go where you want to record, weather it's your living room or a rented house in Cavan. I charge €150 per 10 hour day.

All you need is a place to record and instruments to play!

www.krecording.com or pm me for more info.

Originally posted by kmastering
Another good option is me (plug!). I've set up K-recording which is going good guns at the mo. I'm in the middle of recording the forthcoming 66 electric album, b-sides and some album work for Babel fish and have completed some preproduction work with Juliet Turner to name but a few.

I have a mobile setup which is fully capable of recording a full band with excellent results, ask any 66e member! My deal is I go where you want to record, weather it's your living room or a rented house in Cavan. I charge €150 per 10 hour day.

All you need is a place to record and instruments to play!

www.krecording.com or pm me for more info.

Yep I've heard good stuff about this chap too
:D

I keep my professional life and my football seperate! Except of course for that horrible day when West ham lost to Bolton. Not alot of recording done that day:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back