Sponge Bob Square Pants (2 Viewers)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Just getting into this, working on the next series, and fucking hell, it is fucking GENIUS.

Seriously, genius.

Amazing. Super amazing.

Is everyone already so in love with Sponge Bob that it just goes without saying? Am I the last to know?

I :heart: Potty the parrot. He's kind of an asshole, I know, but whatever. And Karen the security system! FUCKING GENIUS. Also, she is married to Tom Kenny (Sponge Bob and PAtchy) and they were both amazing on Mr Show.

The Paperboy in the hall monitor episode:

"Take this friends, ARM YOURSELVES WITH KNOWLEDGE"

brilliant

I much prefer Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents and so on to the likes of Family Guy or Aqua Teen Hunger Force

It's all right. I've gotten a few laughs out of the (admittedly few) episodes I've seen.

But as Nickelodeon cartoons go, I much prefer The Fairly Oddparents and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Both are really great.

I haven't seen Fairly Oddparents, but I'm actually working on Avatar as well. I kinda like it. All I do is watch the English versions and log the dialogue (in-times and out-times, down to the frame), so the fight scenes in Avatar are sort of annoying from that perspective, but I think it's imaginative and quite sweet without being lame (I love the giant bison and Momo the lemur because I fall into the cute-animal-loving-girl element of the target audience). I've only done a couple of episodes so far, but it's pretty good.

But Sponge Bob! Yay! I get to go spend my afternoon with him. Hooooray.

One of the women I'm working with said that there have been times, while working on Sponge Bob, that she's had to get up and go for a walk to try to get all the belly-laughs out just so she can work. I'd love to actually make a show like that, something so funny that it was almost delirious.

SPONGE BOB IS THE BEST OF THE LOT. BY A FUCKIN' MILE. ON ALL LEVELS. I'M IN THE BUISNESS. I KNOW THESE THINGS. SOMETIMES IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE RATINGS.. BUT SPONGEBOB CLEANS UP THERE TOO. LIKE A COLOSSUS.

SOMEONE AROUND HERE REMINDS ME OF SQUIDWARD....

BOBBAHQUAANNNDO!!!

I love the episode where the animator is out drawing on a boat and drops his pencil into the sea. Then spongbob draws an evil copy of himself. It's kind of disturbing.

One of the women I'm working with said that there have been times, while working on Sponge Bob, that she's had to get up and go for a walk to try to get all the belly-laughs out just so she can work. I'd love to actually make a show like that, something so funny that it was almost delirious.
Yea? Who's yer friend? My ma worked on Sponge Bob for years at Nick in LA. She's since retired and is living back here. You don't work with my ma, do you?

Spongebob's got the complete package. He might lose out in one individual aspect or another to a different cartoon, but overall he just can't be beat.

*myow*

char_gary.jpg

Kids are enthralled by this show, wish I'd had it as a kid. Soooo imaginative. I was teaching workshops in Tallaght, and there was a group of 11year old boys obsessed by this cartoon, and thats all they wanted to draw/write about.

Yea? Who's yer friend? My ma worked on Sponge Bob for years at Nick in LA. She's since retired and is living back here. You don't work with my ma, do you?

Ah, no. I wish! I'm just a production assistant, and I'm getting scripts ready to be translated into Irish. It's mad fun, and they have lots of silly fun with the translations. The mailman in the Irish version is meant to be based on Mick McCarthy (he speaks Irish with a Sunderland accent), and whenever he's frustrated with Sponge Bob, he sighs and mutters, "Saipan."

But your ma worked on Sponge Bob at Nickelodeon? What a dream job! Yeah, you'd have to retire afterward because really, what would you do after you left Bikini Bottom?

Best show on telly.
The movie is unbelievable as well.

SPONGEBOB 4 EVA!

I remember a friends 12 year old son saying , with a deeply serious expression " isn't it true that SpongeBob Squarepants is the greatest movie ever made?"

he could be right

Inspired show and movie.
Realised its greatness in the SpongeBob B.C episode:
A giant prehistoric Gary knocks on prehistoric Squidwards door. Upon opening the door and seeing the dino-snail Squidward dashes back into the living room to grab one of two 'caveman clubs' leaning against the wall. He hesitates for a second or two while deciding which of the two to take and then grabs one and runs to hit the snail. But the camera stays on the remaining club and slightly zooms in...a little closer...closer...and you see a tear running down from the clubs imaginary eye as it sobs a rejected sob...

smartest show for kids..it is unlike any other

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back