Spin FM - "The Irish Alternative" show (1 Viewer)

Alex

Website
www.morellorocks.com
Originally posted by spiritualtramp
as long as you don't start advertising for shite like spin fm or barrys tea its cool with me.

What's wrong with Spin FM by the way? I had to do with them recently and they've been absolutely nice and professional... I refer to "The Irish Alternative" program on Sunday nights, don't know about the rest

Originally posted by Alex
What's wrong with Spin FM by the way? I had to do with them recently and they've been absolutely nice and professional... I refer to "The Irish Alternative" program on Sunday nights, don't know about the rest

power fm deserved that license a lot more than the marketing suits of spin fm. I hate spin fm as a result.
on the occasional time that I have accidentally tuned into spin the station seemed like yet another fm104. the djs all have the same ridiculous sounding voices (like bill and marty from kbbl - the radio djs on the simpsons).
I've never heard the Irish alternative show though.

The Irish show's good but very low-key. And it's all in irish, which is great but I struggled a little :D

They place a nice mix of stuff - tis only an hour on a sunday and there's hardly any talking - the first time I tuned in I think the dj didn't even mention her own name!

Originally posted by Morn
The Irish show's good but very low-key. And it's all in irish, which is great but I struggled a little :D

They place a nice mix of stuff - tis only an hour on a sunday and there's hardly any talking - the first time I tuned in I think the dj didn't even mention her own name!

Jaysus I didn't know it was in Irish! :eek:

The Dj's name is Eva Staic and she's very nice. I met her at the Ballroom #10, she was there because she likes Stoat :)

My band Morello recorded an interview for Spin (in English!) which will be on air in couple of weeks along with a few tunes. However they've been *very* nice to us, I guess it must be quite easy to have your music played there, their website is www.spin1038.com

Originally posted by Alex

My band Morello recorded an interview for Spin (in English!) which will be on air in couple of weeks along with a few tunes. However they've been *very* nice to us

*retracts earlier statement about spin being complete cunts*

spin have a really really great comedy hour-long comedy programme on a saturday evening betewwn 5.45-6-45.

have a listen, the two guys who do it are hilarious, in a genuinely funny way. And the listeners can take part in it too!

and as for spin, yes they do play a lot of shit music, but unfortunately the licence they got was 15-34 years and that shit music is keeping the majority of their target audience happy. You have to hand it to them for doing a fair few genuinely different shows.

Roxy

Originally posted by roxy
spin have a really really great comedy hour-long comedy programme on a saturday evening betewwn 5.45-6-45.

have a listen, the two guys who do it are hilarious, in a genuinely funny way. And the listeners can take part in it too!

and as for spin, yes they do play a lot of shit music, but unfortunately the licence they got was 15-34 years and that shit music is keeping the majority of their target audience happy. You have to hand it to them for doing a fair few genuinely different shows.

Roxy

em... do you work for spin fm?

Listening to the interview on Spin now Alex - you guys sound pretty chilled. Nice one!

:)

Cheers man, hope you enjoyed the songs too :)

That's because the DJ (Eva) was really nice and managed to create a very relaxed atmosphere. Despite being my first interview ever (and had to fight against the language barriers......) I felt very comfortable in there.

Btw she was at the Ballroom last Friday and I guess any band can be interviewed and/or have their music played at The Irish Alternative, contact details are on their website www.spin1038.com

The only downside was that she rang me yesterday at 5 pm to tell me it was on at 7! We were in the studio and didn't have a radio so I couldn't listen to it. I meant to email some friends and post something here too :(

This must be quite a common thing as it happened to the Dudleys too...

However, she said she'd send me a CD, I'll post an Mp3 on the website

You're lucky she didn't make you speak Irish then ;)

I got my friend to record it cos I figured you might want a copy, but the tape got eaten by the machine! The music sounded excellent, looking forward to the finished album.

:D

Thank you Morn, they should send me a copy on CD, I'll put it on the website

Take it easy, A.

No I don't work for Spin. jaysus, I've been guilty of some cheap plugs in my time but I'm not that godam blatant. It's just a really good show, that's all. And as for the music comment, I was just saying that at least that at least they (and indeed other stations, including my show **now there's a cheap plug**) are trying to help out the little guy as regards new irish music.

And Damon, I may have gotten a mail from you, but I wouldn't know if it's you! I didn't get any mails signed 'Damon' so unless you use a different name then maybe you best resend. And yes I do work for near fm, in answer to your question. I have a post somewhere about my show.

Lots of love

Roxy

White Noise
Mondays 10pm
(repeated Tuesday 3.30pm)
N.e.a.r FM 101.6

Lots of love

Roxy

White Noise
Mondays 10pm
(repeated Tuesday 3.30pm)
N.e.a.r FM 101.6

Is this show of yours purely for playing Irish Alt Rock, Hard rock stuff? Or will you play anything thats just good music and roughly fits into the rock catagory?

I wouldn't linger so much on the word rock. You're right in thinking I'll play anything that is good and if that's hard rock, light guitar band-y, frantic crazy stuff, chilled out bluesy stuff, or...ah forget this, listen I'm very acessible and very interested in hearing everything that's out there. A good few people have sent me CDs but I'm always on the look out for more.

Are you from 10speedracer perchance?

Anyway, email me if you like - [email protected]

All my love

Roxy

White Noise
Mondays 10pm
repeat Tuesday 3.30pm
Near fm 101.6 [email protected]

Are you from 10speedracer perchance?

No, no, no.....hoh, hoh, hoh....thats funny actually, keeps happening. I'm from The Spiders. I'll send you a demo in 2 weeks.

*plug*Or you could come see us do our thang on saturday night, you know where!*plug*

We're recording three songs next week. I'll keep in contact. Till then check out www.thespiders.com for info, no mp3's up yet though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back