Spending two days somewhere nice in Ireland - help (1 Viewer)

São Paulo Punk

Website
myspace.com
Life is not going all that fantastic at the mo' so myself and herself have decided to get away for a couple of days - find an affordable hotel somewhere that's not too far from places to go walking - near enough to a quiet town to have a pint and something to eat in the evening etc...

Any recommendations?

Letterfrack, 30 mins further than Clifden would be good. As would Roundstone in Connemara as well. Glengarriff in Cork is nice too.

Carlingford, is about an hour north of Dublin, scenic area with lots of walks, nice hotels, restaurants and pubs, especially if you like seafood.

It's not as spectacular as the west coast but it is convenient for Dublin and quite beautiful all the same.

World_Ireland_Carlingford_007609_.jpg

Carlingford, is about an hour north of Dublin, scenic area with lots of walks, nice hotels, restaurants and pubs, especially if you like seafood.

It's not as spectacular as the west coast but it is convenient for Dublin and quite beautiful all the same.

World_Ireland_Carlingford_007609_.jpg

Good call.

Blue Haven Lodge in Dingle run by a surfer Californian couple it's got an outdoor hot tub. which is class. You get a continental breakfast in a full size fridge in your room which means you don't have to get up or leave your room to eat and you can keep a bottle of Tully in there to send yourself off to sleep merrily. Plus it's near enough to the town to walk in and fare enough out to go rambling.

I'd recommend the marine hotel in Sutton - I live in Dublin but went there for a break in October and it felt like I was on another planet. Easy to get to so there was a minimum amount of time spent travelling. Beautiful hotel, great views (ask for a room right at the back), they have a swimming pool, sauna and steamroom, Superquinn is across the road so you can buy supplies and stay in your room if you want to. The restaurant is really lovely and you can walk to Howth head. I'd go back there tomorrow if I got some cash.

Not sure what your budget is but Gregan's Castle is offering €125 per room per night incl breakfast. It's a beautiful setting right in the middle of the Burren with fantastic food and lots of walks nearby, and a fire in case you just fancy a cosy hot port.

http://www.gregans.ie/

Thanks for all the tips! Ended up booking a hotel in Waterford for 2 days but then canceling at the last minute when my partner read some awful reviews about the place along the lines of "shithole" and "you couldn't pay me to stay there"... sort of thing.

Ended up staying in a hotel just outside Drumshambo in Leitrim, with a swimming pool and sauna and all that kind of thing. The room faced onto a lake too which was nice. It was just under 160 for the two of us for two nights with breakfast included and full use of all the leisure centre stuff. The staff were really sound too, no dirty looks or any condescending types. Deadly. Feel like I could do with another holiday already though.:p

Thanks for all the tips! Ended up booking a hotel in Waterford for 2 days but then canceling at the last minute when my partner read some awful reviews about the place along the lines of "shithole" and "you couldn't pay me to stay there"... sort of thing.

Ended up staying in a hotel just outside Drumshambo in Leitrim, with a swimming pool and sauna and all that kind of thing. The room faced onto a lake too which was nice. It was just under 160 for the two of us for two nights with breakfast included and full use of all the leisure centre stuff. The staff were really sound too, no dirty looks or any condescending types. Deadly. Feel like I could do with another holiday already though.:p

There's some lovely hotels in Leitrim and when the weathers nice its a great place. That said it would have been a tough journey down, roads have been lethal in that part of the world.

i'd reccomend blanch. at the box. its fabeled throughout the land some know it simply as the box others the box. it is a place of mystery and excitement, of boredom and wasted time. The Box for sall your family needs

Wow. Leitrim of all places...

I always though I'd run there if I needed to hide out for a while. I never met anyone from Leitrim.

diddles, your post reminds me of the kids from Harmonstown etc. that head to Donabate for their summer holidays.
hahahahahah
hahahahah
hahahahah
I got the very same feeling reading her post and reminded me of mine was when we were on the summer project from Ballymun and heading to Portmarnock for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back