Spacemen 3 - Forged Prescriptions (2 Viewers)

Rimbaud

...i'm nearly done here..
Supporter
Website
www.rimbaudrecords.com
At last - the PERFECT PRESCRIPTION Sessions have been released in the last few weeks!!
Contains demo/out-takes, some of which are said to be "mind-blowing" - !(i`m a believer..)
Also said to be in the works at the moment is the PLAYING WITH FIRE sessions, being put together for future release.
Time to get in some Thai-weed and relax..|..|

And as a double treat - SPIRITUALIZED - The Complete Works Vol 1. has been released too, which looks good.

Originally posted by Rimbaud
At last - the PERFECT PRESCRIPTION Sessions have been released in the last few weeks!!
Contains demo/out-takes, some of which are said to be "mind-blowing" - !(i`m a believer..)
Also said to be in the works at the moment is the PLAYING WITH FIRE sessions, being put together for future release.

And as a double treat - SPIRITUALIZED - The Complete Works Vol 1. has been released too, which looks good.

The complete works is savage, even for nerdy completists like me who have almost all the stuff on it.
I'd be kinda wary about spacemen 3 outtakes, for fear of getting too much noodly drone rock ala Dream Weapon

Originally posted by Rimbaud

hmm
I have Playing With Fire 2CD edition. Plenty of session/demo tracks on that
this summat different then?

D`oh!
A sad case of mis-information on my part there, with reference to Playing With Fire - yea its out already is`nt it, quite i while come to think of it.I have`nt heard it myself though.I have the regular lp only.
And DreamWeapon - whats the story with that?An Evening Of Comtemporary sitar music - they actually play sitars and stuff?Or is it just feedback?

I have the studio albums and a live bootleg on cd, but have`nt gotten around to getting Dreamweapon or Live in Europe yet.

About the new cd thats out,
http://www.adasam.co.uk/spaceage/Spacemen_3.htm
Sonic Boom writes:
"These versions show some variation to the original release, which was more stripped. Many different takes and versions were experimented with - "Walking With Jesus" had been an all fuzz, tremelo and feedback song before these sessions.
Here at last are the full guitar laden versions with all the layers of beautifully streamlined guitar - considered by us to be too hard to replicate live and therefore reduced for the original release. Also included for the first time are some unreleased covers, demos and tributes from the same sessions."

And if you can play videos on your pc`s (which i can`t - firewall), this site has a live Spacemen 3 gig from Germany and some vids, as well as vids of High Rise and Bardo Pond..
WWW.DRUGMUSIC.COM

Re: Re: Spacemen 3 - Forged Prescriptions

Originally posted by Ed
The complete works is savage, even for nerdy completists like me who have almost all the stuff on it.
I'd be kinda wary about spacemen 3 outtakes, for fear of getting too much noodly drone rock ala Dream Weapon

yep. but in a good way.
nice to have "Anyway That You Want Me" on a format other than the Indie Top 20 Vol 10 double LP

Re: Re: Re: Spacemen 3 - Forged Prescriptions

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
yep. but in a good way.
nice to have "Anyway That You Want Me" on a format other than the Indie Top 20 Vol 10 double LP

mmmmmm, got the 12" single *smug showy offy look*

Che

Ed, I'll give you noodly drone rock ya fackaagh *takes quick toke off spliff, shakes fist once or twice in a half-hearted manner, then collapses on couch, coughing*
Dreamweapon is magnificent. It's up there with Playing with Fire or Recurring. It is noodly drone rock all right. I was actually wary of buying it, but then I downloaded the centrepiece of the album, "An Evening Of Contemporary Sitar Music", and it knocked my socks clean off. It's like a stoned 45 minute improv, with all the familiar Spacemen3 sounds stretched out and repeated. The rest of the album is great too. Nowt to be worrid about. I think it's way better than their first 2 albums.
Not a sitar in sight by the way.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Spacemen 3 - Forged Prescriptions

Originally posted by Ed
mmmmmm, got the 12" single *smug showy offy look*

Bastard! thats the only thing I have missing from my collection!

Oh now I can remember, now I can remember!

You won't find anything more ridiculous
Than this new profile razor unit
Made with the highest British attention.......

To the wrong detail

Nah...its great to see the troops come out and support the Spacemen...
totally underated they were.And don`t forget to check out those vids..

Originally posted by Pantone247
I had it on for the first time in years last night
Still sounds so angry, so unrehearsed, so deadly

that older lover song has me in stitches every time

Dear girls

Doctor Annabel lies!

I try and listen to The Fall at least once a week

They are, without question, my favourite band ever and have been so for a long long time

fantastic piece of vinyl is Slates

new album Country On The Click looks like being delayed for a month

http://www.visi.com/fall/news/fallnews.html

Fall fans of the world unite!

Someone quoted "The Classical" above. Do you reckon it's true that story about The Fall almost signing to Motown? They played a copy of what was then their most recent record (Hex Enduction Hr) and the line "Where are the obligatory niggers?" blasts out of the speakers on the first track. I'll get me coat etc.

I presume you have seen the Perverted by Language video? Been hard to acquire for some time but the good news is that it is out on DVD next month. Worth it for WINGS pub back room time travel and KICKER CONSPIRACY ye olde turf moor.

It was the fault of the Government....

I've only seen the story about them nearly signing to Motown mentioned on the www.visi.com/fall site, but it does sound right!

I haven't seen the Perverted By Language video, I'm looking forward to it.
By the way....you probably know this, but just in case......check this muthafucka out:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.bending/
Totally wired! There's a link on it at the moment where you can download their latest Peel session.
And have you heard Susan Vs. Youth Club? The new album is going to be deadly!
There's also a live DVD in the works from a gig they did recently playing all the old hits, that's got to be good.

B=(B/B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back