south east asia, Oz/NZ , south america (1 Viewer)

you have a limit on how many miles you can travel on thouse round the worlds

http://www.usit.ie/148/index.html#worlddiscovery

i did that one

at the end of the day i went with Trailfinders purely because i've heard much better things about them.
How did you find USIT and what was the final cost of that trip?
Seems a good bit cheaper than mine then again mine is very much tailormade.
€2,200 all in for mine

jesus thumped "does" S.E. Asia. whats yr plan?

I've been heading over that way for a few years but this years plan Is Laos for the first week then around to Chang Mai to hopefully catch a punk gig or two then down south to Koh Phi Phi and across to Koh Samui(Lamai)/Koh Phangan(Haad yao) to just chill out and spend time with some Thai friends.

Thats a rough idea but could change slightly due to circumstances while over there.

Whats yours?

at the end of the day i went with Trailfinders purely because i've heard much better things about them.
How did you find USIT and what was the final cost of that trip?
Seems a good bit cheaper than mine then again mine is very much tailormade.
€2,200 all in for mine

i didnt buy it in usit, i bought it in Cara travel on Dolier street paid 1300 euros

did trailfinders ever do "pre-packaged" routes for travelling the world like usit or do they just do tailor made type bookings?

you can buy this anywhere , any travel agent, its an airline thing

you can get a oneworld or a star alliance one. half the airlines in the world are in the star alliance network , the other half are in the oneworld one.

http://www.staralliance.com/baseAction.do?language=

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/air-travel-options#round-the-world-fares

you can buy this anywhere , any travel agent, its an airline thing

you can get a oneworld or a star alliance one. half the airlines in the world are in the star alliance network , the other half are in the oneworld one.

http://www.staralliance.com/baseAction.do?language=

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/air-travel-options#round-the-world-fares

yer man in trailfinders said we couldnt.
he was a fuckhead anyway, only time he showed any interest was when he was telling us that he was off to thailand the next day for two weeks.
cheers for dem links raudi.

yer man in trailfinders said we couldnt.
he was a fuckhead anyway, only time he showed any interest was when he was telling us that he was off to thailand the next day for two weeks.
cheers for dem links raudi.
don't mind those trailfinders, they are the dunnes of travel agents, and treat you as well and have as much charisma as say a specsavers optician

has anyone ever bothered to just get individual flights from one place to the next? how did it work out and compare to the travel-plan options? i was having a scoot around there and you can fly to dubai for €220 with aer lingus and from muscat in oman (i'd like to go there - you can get the bus from dubai) to bangalore for €140ish. that sounds cheap to me, i dunno, im only having a quick look

are there cheap flights to/from new zealand from anywhere?

I just got a ticket to the US (€300) and a ticket from there to thailand (€400). Doing the rest by land. I dunno about cheaper but i imagine it's more flexible.

has anyone ever bothered to just get individual flights from one place to the next? how did it work out and compare to the travel-plan options? i was having a scoot around there and you can fly to dubai for €220 with aer lingus and from muscat in oman (i'd like to go there - you can get the bus from dubai) to bangalore for €140ish. that sounds cheap to me, i dunno, im only having a quick look

are there cheap flights to/from new zealand from anywhere?

no, you might see them cheap now but i paid 250 for just an hour's flight from cambodia to thailand as i booked it there, better off gettin a multistop cos you can ring up and change the dates as many times as you like if you like a place or run out of time. if you missed one of those flights youd be stuck

anyway, when are you thinkin of goin?

oh, when you said you booked it there i thought you meant "i booked it just there now".

yeah, i did start a new job, i quite like it. i havent defo made up my mind to go but i was going to go away a few years ago and i put it off for work reasons which turned out to be shite and now im fed up here again. there'll always be some excuse not to go

oh, when you said you booked it there i thought you meant "i booked it just there now".

yeah, i did start a new job, i quite like it. i havent defo made up my mind to go but i was going to go away a few years ago and i put it off for work reasons which turned out to be shite and now im fed up here again. there'll always be some excuse not to go

no way, my travellin days are over for a while, it took me yonks to make up for all the time I was off travellin, but I'd love to go back to NZ

What about the band?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back