Souness - Anti Irish? (1 Viewer)

#10-7

Website
www.delorentos.net
Interesting thing i was reading today about Given and O'Brien reportedly leaving St James Park...

A few years ago there was loads of stories about Sounes being anti irish.

For example; he famously sold Ronnie Whelan, Ray Hougton and Steve Staunton shortly after arriving at Liverpool, he sold Duff from Chelsea, and now he's getting rid of Given and O'Brien. Alan Kelly was frozen out of the blackburn team as is Stephen Carr at the moment.

basically every team he's managed he's got rid of the irish players...
could it be the rangers connection?
or is it all bollix?

Haven't heard the irish thing before, but there have always been rumours that he is a big racist, never seemed to sign black players and always transfer listed any existing ones. Then he brought in Cole and Yorke, which seemed to dispell that rumour. But then he did have a major falling out with the two of them too.

All rumours and hearsay obviously. But on a personal level I hate the prick.

ive heard this before
duff is still at chelsea and souness didnt want to sell him

i think the guy is just a prick and everybody falls out with him

at least 3 or 4 of the newcastle players will leave before the end of the season

i dont know why they got him , hes an arse
the two clubs he was successful at were in 2 horse races
both times they had great financial backing

lorcanzo said:
Interesting thing i was reading today about Given and O'Brien reportedly leaving St James Park...

For example; he famously sold Ronnie Whelan, Ray Hougton and Steve Staunton shortly after arriving at Liverpool, he sold Duff from Chelsea, and now he's getting rid of Given and O'Brien. Alan Kelly was frozen out of the blackburn team as is Stephen Carr at the moment.

or is it all bollix?

wouldn't think so
  • he signed Alan Mahon and that dour loser Stephen Reid
  • he signed Mo Johnston for Rangers in that most glorious of years, 1989 (yes, I know being Irish and being Catholic are two different things)
  • his first wife is an Irish Catholic - I believe
  • don't thing he had any option but to sign Duff (something to do with a clause in Duff's contract)
I think a lot of it is to do with the Celtic brigade getting on their high horse because of
  • his previous connection with Rangers
  • some of them assuming that all Irish players are great and automatically deserve first team starts

i reckon he probably is.

either way he's a complete shite bag for ruining liverpool.

lorcanzo said:

or is it all bollix?

Posting this here as it is Glasgow Rangers related, saw this quote this morning and had to laugh:

Newcastle's new signing Jean-Alain Boumsong says the problem with Glasgow was the people spoke with a Scottish accent. (Daily Record)

He thinks he has improved his chances of understanding the locals by moving to Newcastle?!?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back