SoundCheck XXXmas (2 Viewers)

how did this go? did una play the leona lewis version of run? heard her on matt cooper during the week telling him that its amazing, loike. tit monkey.

It is a brilliant version! But I played stuff more along the lines of Jape, Holy Fuck, Justice, Vinny Club, The Knife etc. Leona doesn't really fit in with SoundCheck, although, that said, I'm not going to deny my love for her.

No Dead Kennedys, although there was a fair whack of Devo, Breeders and William Shatner's 'Common People' from various sets. But you know what DKs would say: Is my cock big enough, is my brain small enough, for you to make me a star?

I reckon My Sharona is one of the most plagiarised songs ever. Or maybe it's just too recognisable. It must be hard to write something that is vaguely similar to it without it sounding exactly like it, if you know what I mean.

your a fine one to be slaggin about lack of dead kennedys!

in eamonn doran's they no like the dead kennedys (or music for that matter), besides i played the damned for you

I reckon My Sharona is one of the most plagiarised songs ever. Or maybe it's just too recognisable. It must be hard to write something that is vaguely similar to it without it sounding exactly like it, if you know what I mean.

true - there are always going to be songs that are so simply structured and/or recognisable that even a legitimately original piece can get slated as rip-off

(or maybe i'm just a cynical fucker)
:rolleyes:

Come round to mine tonight to discuss future poss. line-ups for Soundcheck 09s. I was thinking if Rick's free, he should come too. There are other things that we can discuss, for example the social problems within East Wall and the poss. need for an upper middle class male super heroes. We will need a female counterpart super hero but I think this should come at separate stage, perhaps during our principle super heroes' first self doubt phase around 4 weeks in. I don't think either of you guys, Una and Rick would be suitable candidates for this super hero role but you could possibly act as the voices of said hero.

What do you think?

Come round to mine tonight to discuss future poss. line-ups for Soundcheck 09s. I was thinking if Rick's free, he should come too. There are other things that we can discuss, for example the social problems within East Wall and the poss. need for an upper middle class male super heroes. We will need a female counterpart super hero but I think this should come at separate stage, perhaps during our principle super heroes' first self doubt phase around 4 weeks in. I don't think either of you guys, Una and Rick would be suitable candidates for this super hero role but you could possibly act as the voices of said hero.

What do you think?

i make a really good real life rick moranis

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back