Sound in the Village (1 Viewer)

Michael Henry

Why are we putting up with the woeful quality of sound in the Village? I was at a few gigs there recently where the volume was at ear-bleeding levels from the middle of the crowd to the front. It seems they are compensating for a generally poor distribution of sound throughout the venue. I have never enjoyed a gig there the way I have in Vicar St. or Crawdaddy. The multi-layered flourishes of Sufjan Stevens will break into one strident blizzard of noise in that place.

they just got this really wrong. even the sound on stage is crap.

Yeah, it's just a horribly bad-sounding room. Really hard to fathom, since it's purpose built.
Unless... they care more about stuffing in punters than how it sounds ?

YA RLY!

yeh i watched Go Team from the balcony and you could barely hear a fucking note above the din. However Devendra Banhart didn't seem to be that bad cos he wasn't playing at ear splitting levels. Coulda been better no doubt but I imagine Sufjan will be at similar volume to Devendra rather than Go Team. Except when he breaks out Chicago!

sound was great there for Suffocation... maybe the room just lends itself to death metal?

the sound in there has been terinble since forever. mean fiddler, back then. member mono? ha. it must be something to do with the shape of the room or whoever was re-doing it this time didn't realise that the sound quality would be all that important to a venue like...

isn't it like that so pretentious cunts can sit down the front and pay to see a band that they dont watch? its got worse after they moved the sound desk from the middle of the room. its think its supposedly designed more for acoustic type acts, but they don't care who they book in there so they ended up with various types of music.

its a bit of a nightmare to do sound in their, just cos of the design. but i've never played on the stage, but most bands say its alright to play on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back