Something like a panic attack but not from coffee. (1 Viewer)

"urban dictionary" pretty much covers it

1. Simpering Pantywaist 5 up, 1 down

a small man-boy who smiles in a self-consious and silly manner

"Geekwad over there is a simpering pantywaist" said Biff, the bully

Alright, so your (or mine anyway) brain wont just absorb reams and reams of shite hour after hour.
You have to have some class of idea what you are doing.

Sit down, write out what you want to know.
Break what you want to know into small little pieces, that you think will take you about 20 minutes to cover.
Order these in some way.
Take a break.
Get the first one. Do it, and take a break.
Doesn't matter if it takes you 5 minutes, go off, and stand in the back garden or something. On the way back up remember what you just covered.
Go onto the next point.
And so on.
If any point takes more than 40 minutes, fuck it. Walk away, walk up the road, or kick a ball about or something.
Pretend like it never happened, and start that point again as if you never did it.
After you have covered say 5 or 6 of these points, take a decent break. Eat a bit of food.

If you are sitting there, reading the same shite over and over, you might as well not bother. You are actually damaging what you know rather than learning more. If you dont want to break, do it anyway. Not wanting one means you should take one.

Of course it's stressful. Fuck it, from the day I was about 11 years old it was one fucking exam after another - Actually the Entrance Exams were the most stressful, you are barely more that a child and your conditioned to believe your whole future is laid out before you based on what secondry school you got into (and none was one of the possibilities at the time), and which class you got into in theat school - then it's 3 years of beating crap into you for your inter cert cause if you dont do well its pass subjects for the leaving and you'll end up a hod carrier for certain. Then there was the whole traum of the leaving and the Matric which was about month straight of nothing but sitting exams. And at every stange in this 6 or 7 year process you are indoctrinated with the most rediculous beliefs about how all of this will effect your future.

Of course it's stressful.

That fact that you realise it was bullshit now as you look back doesnt mean it wasn't pretty horrific at the time.

My bullshit rader was pretty well tuned when I was a kid so I never got stressed about any of it. Didn't bother much about any of the non-important exams... failed pretty much all my mocks in both Inter and Leaving did a bit of work after that and did well enough to do pretty much anything I wanted to in College (I had no interest in Medicine or Vetinary).

Of course it's stressful. Fuck it, from the day I was about 11 years old it was one fucking exam after another - Actually the Entrance Exams were the most stressful, you are barely more that a child and your conditioned to believe your whole future is laid out before you based on what secondry school you got into (and none was one of the possibilities at the time), and which class you got into in theat school - then it's 3 years of beating crap into you for your inter cert cause if you dont do well its pass subjects for the leaving and you'll end up a hod carrier for certain. Then there was the whole traum of the leaving and the Matric which was about month straight of nothing but sitting exams. And at every stange in this 6 or 7 year process you are indoctrinated with the most rediculous beliefs about how all of this will effect your future.

Of course it's stressful.

That fact that you realise it was bullshit now as you look back doesnt mean it wasn't pretty horrific at the time.

I was stressed bout english cause im getting grinds in it and it costs a few bob.

My bullshit rader was pretty well tuned when I was a kid so I never got stressed about any of it. Didn't bother much about any of the non-important exams... failed pretty much all my mocks in both Inter and Leaving did a bit of work after that and did well enough to do pretty much anything I wanted to in College (I had no interest in Medicine or Vetinary).

I'm not exaggerting when I say I never studied a day in my life - I was still in a constant state of worry though. And barring the 1st 2nd and 5th year when things calm down a bit there are still 3 or 4 tears where you are constantly on edge.

The job I have now is pretty stressful and the one before was worse - but they were still a walk in the park compared to school in this country.

There is no fucking way I'd go back - the whole experience was rotten from start to finish.

I bawled like a baby when I got my professional exams - not cause I was glad to get them, I wanst too pushed, just beause I realised the 13 years of continuus bullshit that preceed them was now over. and never another fucking exam ever again.

I remember walking into school doing my leaving, and not knowing what exam I was sitting that day.

The extent to which I didn't give a fuck surprised even me.
My English essay answer was me giving out about the English curriculum.
We got time off, and instead of studying, I helped some cute Scottish girl with her 5th year Maths exams, and going swimming with her and stuff.

Then, my old man would get a bit freaked out, and send me to study, and I would go to my room, and practice shuffling cards, or juggling or some shit.

But, I was bricking it for my degree finals. I knew they would be tricky.

me "studying" for my degree finals was a fucking joke.

and then the cunts actually had the audacity to ask us "what is the meaning of life?"

pricks.

also, Kant is a cunt too. if you have to do an exam on him.

I was stressed bout english cause im getting grinds in it and it costs a few bob.

WRONG REASON

look it doesn't matter how much you study now because your teachers are going to FUCK YOU OVER with the mocks regardless, mainly because they want to scare you into studying for the real deal... yeah like you poor saps need that kind of "encouragement" these days. i do not envy you.

I enjoyed my leaving so much, I did it twice... mainly because I was 13 months too young to sign on. So i went back to school for a year to kill time until i turned 18.

ok everyone - hand on your heart - who actually found the leaving cert mocks stressful?

eh, i know i'm in the minority, but i had full blown panic attacks like nothing since during my mocks - the leaving itself wasn't too bad after that. it's not rational, and sometimes the serious bit isn't the scary one.

(did it matter? no. was i glad i'd been so damn serious and gotten high points when i went for a 535 point course four years later? HELL yes.)

er, but roisin: i find drinking lots of water is the only thing that helps me concentrate and keeps me focused without making me ill/crazy at the same time. and sleep beats cramming into the wee hours - especially with anything involving maths or precision. g'luck with the rest of them.

I find college much more relax, only thing is the pressure can be a bit help motivation wise. Thats a big problem with college, you leave stuff til the last min when you can get away with it.

The leaving cert was really stressful and I am one of a numerous group of people I know that got really ill during it. Coffee = not such a good idea and whatever you do avoid proplus that cos stuff messes up ur system something awful. it's like zombie land

WRONG REASON

look it doesn't matter how much you study now because your teachers are going to FUCK YOU OVER with the mocks regardless, mainly because they want to scare you into studying for the real deal... yeah like you poor saps need that kind of "encouragement" these days. i do not envy you.

I enjoyed my leaving so much, I did it twice... mainly because I was 13 months too young to sign on. So i went back to school for a year to kill time until i turned 18.

Yeah, but this is a case of parent stress, not letting them down etc.

I got sick in my first year uni exams.
Ghey so it was. I had to hold onto the desk as a reference to where up was. And then with my other hand I kept on swatting away the flies.
Except they weren't flies, because I was hallucinating.
I was put off in a special room by myself, and the supervisor was asking me all the time what was the matter.
I kept on talking about "the flies", until he left. I would have cheated if I wasn't so off my head.

Complete mystery how I passed that one. 60% failed first year chemistry. But... one of the lecturers had a raging wide on for me, so, I would reckon that has something to do with it.

I had to cram like a fucker for my mocks last night and I drank lots and lots of coffee I usually stay away from caffine cept for a cup of tea every now and then.

But last night I fucked the stuff into me.. each much had four tea spoons of grains and two teaspoons of suger.

I freaked out because I relised id spent one hour reading the same paragraph of sylvia plath notes and could remember nothing and punched the wall, I just lay on my bed shaking and drippling on my notes. Everytime I closed my eyes it felt like id drank whiskey, my head was coming in on its self. I made my self sick twice to try get it all up. When I eventually could close my eyes my toes toes were curling with something all most stress like? I felt like crying but couldnt i just lay in a ball...

Was this stress of the coffee?

Got asleep around 4.30am, got up at 6.
U appear to have the most unlucky life on these boards.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back